Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric -New Year's Resolution....a FAILURE! >

Fabric -New Year's Resolution....a FAILURE!

Fabric -New Year's Resolution....a FAILURE!

Old 02-03-2014, 01:51 PM

No one in their right mind would deny you the opportunity to buy at 50% off! LOL! Heaven only knows I'd have caved!

I promised myself I would buy no fabric unless I really needed it for a specific project, and I've been able to keep to that. I think buying NO fabric is a waste, unless you have the stash of the century tucked away! I have been able to buy the one fabric that allowed me to use 4 fabrics from my stash for a nice quilt. I also bought a little more of another fabric so I'd have enough fabric to finish a quilt. I think this is only common sense, at least IMHO.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:52 PM

You only live once. Maybe you do have a large stash and need to concentrate on using what you have, but try not to let your "slip" become a failure of will power. Be kind with yourself and enjoy the great bargains you found. You can always start trying again tomorrow. . ..
Old 02-03-2014, 02:49 PM

Yes! Great buy and great idea to shrink your fabric. So, pack what you can to take home with you (guessing you are flying), then box up the remaining and have your sister check out most reasonable shipment method and send it to you. Congratulations on your purchases......fabric is to a quilter as ink and paint is to an artist. Your fabric is your palette, necessary for you to create the beauty in the quilts that are born as a result of your talent.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:57 PM

so easy to relate ... i've been sorting and reorganizing my sewing room and realize that i have way too much, i don't dare buy anymore fabric... i have enough backing, lots of scraps, bins and bins and bolt and bolts. the only think i can tell that i will need more of eventually is batt.

sorry for no caps but for some reason my computer freezes up when i use the shift key, very frustrating
Old 02-03-2014, 03:35 PM

I am trying to do the same. I also tried last year. I am buying a lot less fabric lately but still some. I would not have been able to resist either. 50% off at the LQS would have drawn me in too. Just jump back on the wagon and start again. We all do that
Old 02-03-2014, 03:37 PM

I didnt make any new years resolutions, for anything. I will tell you our fabric shop had their Rose bowl fabric sale, sat. I didn't even go. I have material that I bought 6 months ago. And havent even thought about what to do with it yet. Even 50% off, would be tempting.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:01 PM
Power Poster

I can't stop either...My daughter told me no more fabric stores for me...Guess what...I still go and have not told her..LOL...
Old 02-03-2014, 04:10 PM

That's to good to pass up I would have done the same and I'm trying not to buy any fabric until I use some up. Enjoy. Sue
Old 02-03-2014, 04:27 PM

You are not a failure, you are buying fabric as a hedge against higher fabric prices next year! What a smart, thrifty person you are.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
I would have been right with you for a 50 percent off sale at the LQS. Sounds like you forgave yourself .. so now all that's left is to get sewing.
Right, if you use it up then what fabric? It's a quilt!