Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard >

Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard

Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard

Old 02-03-2014, 04:20 PM

Dotty, yes, you can make it work, but make sure you have differences in value and color. You will see what I mean on Friday when we start our project.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by sdeaaz View Post
Never done this before, but I just retired... so want to try.... I got a charm pack with 40 charms... I hate it.... so... maybe this is a good place to try to make something with it..... is that enough.... and then I will pick something coordinating for sashing....
You will need about 50 fabric pieces, so if you can find some other scraps to go with your charm pack, you will be fine.

Thanks to all who helped with the bookmark. I have AOL and I can put it in a "favorities" list that automatically takes me to the thread.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:35 PM

Thank you Judy for changing the direction of the train. Just watched the news and we are going to be below zero for most of the rest of the week. Bring on the sunshine!!!
Old 02-03-2014, 07:31 PM

Don't have quite enough so back into the stash, to look for something that screams use me. Thank you for the advice.

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
I fear that you will lose that great print if it is for A the sashing. But I think it would work great for the B if you have enough.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:07 PM

Sde: There is also a way to set up your personnel data to send you a notification when any additional comment is made on a thread that you have responded to, unfortunately I have forgotten how I did it. Maybe somebody else can give you info on how to make that happen. I know I really like that feature.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:41 PM

I think I'm going to try and jump on for this! Have never done a mystery before, and it sounds like fun. Need to go pick out some fabrics
Old 02-04-2014, 04:21 AM

OK
Please help me out.

2 Fabrics or 1 main fabric and 50 charms?

Must be early in the morning it is not clicking for me and I've read it more than once.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by coopah View Post
Sure, Dedemac, I can get the Dark Chocolate at Aldi's for you. Is it a certain brand...I don't shop there much, but am willing to stock up for fellow travelers. As long as it fits in Ms. Mini's trunk, we're good to go. Don't want any Bailey's showing if she gets stopped by an officer of the law! :-) Seriously, Aldi's has Bailey's? Guess that store does deserve another visit...must've missed a lot on the other trips! See all ya all soon! (That's what the natives here say. I'm trying to blend in...and I remember to wear lipstick and mascara in public, too!)
I knew Aldi's carried chocolate but Bailey's too?
Old 02-04-2014, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by KarenR View Post
OK
Please help me out.

2 Fabrics or 1 main fabric and 50 charms?

Must be early in the morning it is not clicking for me and I've read it more than once.
You need 2 - "A" will be sashing and "B" (3/4 of a yard) will be predominant in the finished product. In addition, you need 50 charms.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:13 AM

I had the same question as karenr-- that is a helpful answer, paulswalia- thanks!

This is going to be my first mystery, and I am so very excited! I naturally need another project to add to my ever growing pile, right?

A lot of desserts going into the snack car, so I'll drop off some Buffalo Chicken Dip with chips once I get on. Can we sidetrack somewhere warm? I'd like to sew amid ocean breezes...