Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
What I think I look like while sewing >

What I think I look like while sewing

What I think I look like while sewing

Old 02-06-2014, 07:53 PM

sharon,

thanks for the pics. great pics and great quilts too. i see james bond around. now i know who purplefiend is. keep 'em coming guys !!!!! i will post mine once i am done working on my potted motor rewiring (my second time). i did one for my 15-91 and this is for my 201-2.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:25 AM

I certainly don't look like that when I'm sewing, that's for sure. I own pearls but I don't think they go with a hooded sweatshirt.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:33 AM

Today I saw several vintage postcards - they all had women sewing with roses/flowers in the way! So I guess the flower on the sewing machine is the way to go!
Old 02-07-2014, 06:11 AM

Sharon, thanks for sharing your photos!!!
Old 02-07-2014, 06:59 AM

You know that picture does look familiar .
Old 02-07-2014, 08:30 AM

Not paying attention to what I was doing like she is, got me in a heap of trouble the other day. I wanted wonky border, sewed it on the wrong angle, then proceeded to trim. triming about 5 inches off my quilt.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Today I saw several vintage postcards - they all had women sewing with roses/flowers in the way! So I guess the flower on the sewing machine is the way to go!
It's like those magazine photos that always have flowers or a blooming plant on a kitchen counter or island.....instead of what's really there, such as somebody's shoes, an empty pizza box, cereal bowls, or if one is actually cooking, a clutter of mixing bowl, measuring spoons and cups, and the flour canister!
Old 02-07-2014, 11:05 AM

Did anyone else notice the strap slipping down her arm? That and the way she's holding those scissors makes me think this young woman may have been into the cooking sherry! Which means she may not be so mentally ready to sew after all!
Old 02-07-2014, 02:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mme3924 View Post
Did anyone else notice the strap slipping down her arm? That and the way she's holding those scissors makes me think this young woman may have been into the cooking sherry! Which means she may not be so mentally ready to sew after all!
I wondered the same - maybe tipsy.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
I am in trouble, my wife said I can't use her lipstick what is a guy gonna do. I quess I will just wear my jeans and a T-shirt and flip-flops when I sew. Good thing there is no camera around LOL
Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Originally Posted by vmaniqui View Post
we should all take a picture of ourselves while sewing and post them. that way we have an idea of who the members are.
I think everyone should replicate the original pic, with their favourite machine and a flower from their garden! Would make a great gallery

So great to see your pics and video Sharon! Wow, that machine is absolutely gorgeous. I could watch you sew that binding on for hours!!

Last edited by frudemoo; 02-07-2014 at 02:54 PM.