When I woke up today...

Old 02-07-2014, 04:09 AM

Looks like my house. Our snow is so deep it's up to Elliott's big golden stomach. Oliver and Miles, labs, can't walk through it so they hop like deer. Of course they could stay on the plowed driveway when we go to the barn, but no, anything to bring more snow into the house!
Old 02-07-2014, 04:11 AM

Wow!!! Glad you're making the best of it!
Old 02-07-2014, 09:05 AM

You're excused this time, but don't let it happen again. I have to walk my chihuahua on a leash because he is so small we worry about him getting out of the yard through some missed openings. What we do for our furry kids.

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
Sorry, how remiss of me. Here is Yukon King storing energy to go out side in a little bit.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:56 AM

It is still coming down here on our side of the hill. Not to bad so far this morning. Later today is when it is really suppose to get heavy.

Soon it will be time to clear the driveway and our cul de sac. We have a tractor so it makes short work of clearing snow.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:42 PM

We had this much an hour ago. Now we can't see the ruler, and the news keeps telling us we have six inches of snow. Bull crackers!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	237.8 KB
ID:	461019  
Old 02-07-2014, 01:19 PM

Your poor daughter! What a trip! It's getting worse today, starting to sleet now.

I see you made that quilt (your avatar). Was it hard? I can't remember what it's called?

Enjoy the snow! I'm so glad I didn't get a puppy last Fall like I was thinking I would. This is the coldest winter I've seen since we moved here to Oregon!
Old 02-07-2014, 02:10 PM

I see you made that quilt (your avatar). Was it hard? I can't remember what it's called?

I did make the quilt in my avatar. It is a free pattern from a website that was posted here in the board, but I don't remember the name of it. Maybe some kind soul here will remember the name. They are called "quilting fairy god mothers". They are generated individually by the site, and you put them together. It was my first paper pieced effort. I may someday try it again, but with an easier pattern. It was not all that hard, just a challenge for me because I have issues with a brain injury. You should try it. Mine is not done perfect, but I like it. The only change I made is that mine had real short, thin hair, so I put yo-yos over the hair, now she has curly hair.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:40 PM

OK, I thought you were the gal in an earlier thread who said it would be fun to get together and figure out how to make one. Your's is so cute! What % did you enlarge the pattern?

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post

I did make the quilt in my avatar. It is a free pattern from a website that was posted here in the board, but I don't remember the name of it. Maybe some kind soul here will remember the name. They are called "quilting fairy god mothers". They are generated individually by the site, and you put them together. It was my first paper pieced effort. I may someday try it again, but with an easier pattern. It was not all that hard, just a challenge for me because I have issues with a brain injury. You should try it. Mine is not done perfect, but I like it. The only change I made is that mine had real short, thin hair, so I put yo-yos over the hair, now she has curly hair.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
OK, I thought you were the gal in an earlier thread who said it would be fun to get together and figure out how to make one. Your's is so cute! What % did you enlarge the pattern?
I made it the size the pattern was. It ends up being about 11"x8".
Old 02-07-2014, 06:16 PM

LOVE your avatar! Yes the snow is getting old!
sandy