Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Craftsy Classes >

Craftsy Classes

Craftsy Classes

Old 02-06-2014, 01:06 PM

I have bought their classes and love them. I get them free or on sale.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
There have been ads for free Craftsy classes on board. I am running XP on my computer so I can't use their website.
I still use my XP computer and always get the Craftsy ads and can see their website quite well. Craftsy started back in the XP days so I'd give it a try again.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:32 PM

I have taken many of their classes. Some when they were on sale. I have found that
they are cheaper than some classes I have seen advertised. Have learned lot.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:32 PM

Yes they are nice, but wait for the sales when they are half priced, never pay full price, and when they are like cheap like 20 dollars buy a few. I like ann petersen( I am in the curves class and the beyond FMQ class), I took applique by machine class, the fat quarter class, so far I like them all. Best thing is if you have a problem they refund your money. One of the instructors in one of the sewing classes wasn't answering my questions, they refunded my money, let me keep the class, and made the professor respond to me within a few days. You can read the reviews and they will usually tell you how a class is geared
Old 02-06-2014, 09:13 PM

Craftsy is high quality online instruction and worth the money, especially if you don't have face-to-face classes in your area!
Old 02-07-2014, 04:30 AM

I'm a Craftsy kid too. That's where I learnt to free motion quilt and now I'm into a longarm. Will always be grateful to them but I've not bought a class at full price yet - always only on special, which is frequent enough to wait. I particularly like the annual sampler BOM as it's often a new take on the traditional blocks. It has extended me and allowed me to start thinking of new ways of doing other things too. The fact that you can stop and start or redo it over and over is great. Sometimes I just go have a read of the comments too. Go for it, I say.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:33 AM

I love the craftsy classes I have enrolledin 25+ and the best part is they are yours forever once you enroll. I have reused the block of the month classes several times and they were free classes to start with! :-D:-D
Old 02-07-2014, 04:34 AM

Craftsy is amazing...there are different areas besides quilting...there are classes for knitting crocheting, cake decorating, sewing and so on....you get the picture, smile. As a hard of hearing person, I love the closed captioning! Not all classes are closed captioned, but they eventually will be. Instead of a streaming of words across the bottom of the video, there is a rolling text below the video, so it does not interfere with the picture. The words are highlighted in yellow as the instructor speaks them. If you buy a class that is not closed captioned, and it gets closed captioned later, it will be available the next time you use it. You don't have to do anything. I always buy my classes on sale.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:38 AM

I've enrolled in about 10 and really enjoy them. I want to take others to improve my general sewing skills. Also there are some art classes I want to take. I used to draw and would like to get back into that.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:08 AM

I have taken several of the Craftsy classes and most are very good. The classes are basically formulated for beginner classes so the instructor goes over every little thing a couple of times.