Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Favorite Things Tablerunner/Mat swap!! Sign ups Close January 10th >

Favorite Things Tablerunner/Mat swap!! Sign ups Close January 10th

Favorite Things Tablerunner/Mat swap!! Sign ups Close January 10th

Old 02-06-2014, 11:00 AM

I tore out the border on mine, redesigned it, and will stitch it back together this coming weekend. It's going to be something like 26" square when finished. I may post another sneak peek this weekend prior to mailing it next week!

And I think I'll do decorative quilting stitches instead of stitch in the ditch, or maybe a combination of both! No free arm for me right now. I paid $$$ to get my feed dog gear fixed last time I attempted that, so now I'm paranoid that it will break if I try it again!

Last edited by MizMelly; 02-06-2014 at 11:02 AM.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:02 AM

Thanks for checking again my friend MizMelly. Can't wait to see what you've done.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:52 PM
Banned

Ohhh can't wait to see it.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:08 PM

My runner is finished, except for a final pressing. The iron seems to have wandered away into DH's shop. Wish me luck while I go in there to retrieve it -- strange sounds come from that place.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:19 AM

Teresa,
I'd sent you a PM a week ago and have not heard from you. So I resent a short one to see if your getting them. Please LMK. Just in case I will post her to let you know that I have been slowed down with the making of my table runner, (Jaba knows about this & is very understanding) THANK you Jaba . Anyway, I have minuscule tears at my elbow, right side and I am .....right handed. I have been placed I. A brace and told to 'rest' my arm for a few weeks. (The nerve of the Dr and PT telling a quilter to rest her arm!). Hum! Anyway that is what I am having to do. I am ding the small hand work required on this when I can. It it will be late.

I tried sending you a PM b/c I don't want negative feedback and believe communication is the key, especially with swaps, please forgive me but I can't do anything but follow Dr & hubby's orders to rest my arm.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:04 AM

I hope everything heals well for you LaQuita
Old 02-07-2014, 09:00 AM

SO sorry LaQuita. I thought I had answered you. I have pm'd you back and thanks so much for your follow through.
Hope your arm is feeling better soon.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:01 AM
Banned

I am trying once again to sew the table mat. Everything I come
up with looks like ...... well I can't say the words or I might get
in trouble.

Anyways I am back to the drawing board for a design.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:27 AM

Don't stress Louise!! It will be lovely, whatever you design! I'm sorta having the same issue, but think I've got it nailed this time. (I hope???). I don't know why this is so difficult, I have made many commission memory and tshirt quilts and never had a problem with design! (I don't use other's designs, I make up my own). Maybe because it's so small compared to what I normally make..... or that my creative mojo is missing??
Old 02-08-2014, 05:19 AM

can I ask what is frustrating you on your quilt tops? I hear seam ripping, seam ripping and wonder is it the combo of fabrics your not feeling? the design? simple is sometimes very nice in fact a lot of the time.. if you post maybe your trouble or write to Teresa or one of your fellow quilters maybe someone can help? glad to offer some advise if you would like two bits from another quilter. I know this is one fun swap. In an effort to keep it fun and light why not work with your partner to come up with something simplier.. one favorite thing not five. that should make it plum easy.. and you will finish on time and mail ON TIME and your work will make you happy and your partner happy. I wish that all of you can finish as best you can. Its all your partner is hoping for too.

I am working on my mothers favorite things quilt top. Each round on the quilt is to represent her favorite flowers. My issue? they don't particularly go together. a big challenge .. I find gorgeous flower fabrics individually but not so much when you dump them on top of each other.. I may have to rethink my drink here on the flowers or be prepared for a hodge podge of stuff in a quilt. if your quilted mat is not working .. figuring out WHY is the biggest challenge then you can move forward. Reduce your challenge ladies and gents. This weekend I know you can make a huge dent on any sewing you have to do. I have seen the work everyone here produces. I know you can do it