Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is everyone working on? >

What is everyone working on?

What is everyone working on?

Old 02-10-2014, 05:33 PM

Working on sampler challenge blocks for my guild. Also working on a scrap string quilt and a name tag for my guild. I can't seem to only work on one project at a time...same with books, can't read only one at a time. Wonder what that says about me? LOL

Anita
Old 02-10-2014, 05:36 PM

I am in the middle of doing Jenny's zipper quilt and love it instead of a charm pack I amusing a yard of fabric I have in my stash am still using the black as my background. just love her quick quilts.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:52 PM

Great job! I did bookcase quilt n gave to library. Work9ng on- 2 wedding quilts, 2- maple leaf quilts and now a baby quilt! All at same time!!! Never done anything like this before- wish me luck!!!!!?:-)
Old 02-10-2014, 06:29 PM

Wow, sounds like everyone is staying busy!

I'm working on quilting a HST quilt and designing a pattern to make covers for my sewing machine and serger.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:39 PM

I am making blocks for a friend's exchange quilt. She is making me some blocks for a quilt, and I am doing likewise. We are having fun with it! Neither of us chose very difficult patterns, and are almost ready to mail to each other.
I am also making blocks for a "Road to California" quilt with the between blocks machine embroidered by someone I met on qb.
There is a Community Quilt just waiting for me to layer and tie, plus a Christmas quilt begging me to come get it and get it put together. There is also a Christmas Wall Hanging begging to get to the long armer. So, never a dull moment around here!!
Mariah
Old 02-10-2014, 09:29 PM

Love your blocks and quilting.
i just finished 2 of 5 lap rag quilts for my 5 youngest gr kids ages 1 1/2 thru 7 1/2
Old 02-11-2014, 02:06 AM

I am finishing up binding on 2 UFOs: a
Turning Twenty and a Carpenter's Star.
Both are queen size. I'm also cutting
out a new quilt called Merry Go Round
from my scraps. I want to do each block
in 2 coordinating colors (a light and a
dark). My plan is to not use a material
but once in the quilt.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:46 AM

Making my first Bargello (Jelly Bargelly pattern) Have cut all my strips from the tubes and have laid out the first section.Last night I found some left over scraps from the Super HeroCapes I made for my grandson's school fete a couple of years ago. I just wanted some scrap fabric to try out some Sashiko embroidery. Just as well there were some larger left overs. I'm using Old Gold thread on black and I can see another bag coming up. Just a case of choosing which pattern I want to use.
Have also drawn up a couple of patterns to use some of my scraps. I want to make about 10 quilts for Project Love & Care. I'm trying to keep a balance between the charity quilts and my own work.

Last edited by katesnanna; 02-11-2014 at 06:53 AM.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:53 AM

After taking the first part of the winter off from sewing of any kind I'm finally back at making quilts. My first is a quilt for my massage lady's 1st baby due next month. She gave me a color scheme of aqua, yellow and grey and elephants. So I went searching thru my books and found this pattern. I had to take it into EQ to alter it to the size blocks I wanted and I've already found their sizes to cut for each strip is not working for me so I've altered it again. I made a trial block of both colors using the grey as the coins. Tell me what you think, please?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Logcabin with DIamonds for Vin.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	677.3 KB
ID:	461701   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trial Blocks.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	487.4 KB
ID:	461702  
Old 02-11-2014, 08:54 AM

I think it is going to look great! Very good piecing! She is a lucky lady! I love the colors very modern! Great job! How you going to quilt it?
Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
After taking the first part of the winter off from sewing of any kind I'm finally back at making quilts. My first is a quilt for my massage lady's 1st baby due next month. She gave me a color scheme of aqua, yellow and grey and elephants. So I went searching thru my books and found this pattern. I had to take it into EQ to alter it to the size blocks I wanted and I've already found their sizes to cut for each strip is not working for me so I've altered it again. I made a trial block of both colors using the grey as the coins. Tell me what you think, please?