Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard >

Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard

Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard

Old 02-16-2014, 10:32 PM

I caught up tonight!!! I was afraid I was gonna get left on the platform! But, a little bit of effort and I am ready to go.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]462876[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	401
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	462876  
Old 02-17-2014, 03:16 AM

Oh my I hope there is not any Y-seams as I can not do them if my life depended on it.
Please tell me there is none,LOL
Old 02-17-2014, 04:37 AM

Oh that would be a train wreck, H-mom! Lol
Old 02-17-2014, 04:51 AM

I never had the pleasure of learning quilting from family - or anyone else in a 'quilting' sense... I'm basically a 'book learner'. BUT - I have 4 quilts made by ancestors of different generations that I look at, now and then, and just *wonder* how they planned them, what they were made 'from' and if anyone else helped them. Too bad I'm not a fiction writer. ;-)
Old 02-17-2014, 05:32 AM

Mary: I think your absolutely right, its 13 potholders! Mystery solved. Mary's sorry she ruined your mystery Judy.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:24 AM

hope we don't have to back those pot holders.. and thank god for 13.. I always burn mine and need many pairs a year leaving them so close to the burner is not a good plan truly it isn't. Phew I will be set for the year!!

I am waiting tapping fingers so many I mean overload of scraps here of making another one too.. what the heck got the fabric scraps absolutely for sure..
Old 02-17-2014, 06:47 AM

Potholders! I have learned the correct number in the kitchen. There is even a scientific formula for it....

n+ 1. n is the number you have in the kitchen that for some reason are never nearby when you need them.

This equation works for the correct number of sewing machine, where 'n' is the number you currently have and a myriad of other things in life. My husband has used it with his musical instruments, power tools, and anything else he insists on dragging home.

Speaking of fabric on fire. This topper is for a sister in law who recently burnt her tabletop. Now she needs something to hide the scorch marks. she burnt it by a napkin catching fire coming too close to a candle then igniting the tablecloth. It makes for a good laugh and lots of great gag gifts for the holidays. Battery operated faux-candles, firemans suppression blanket for a new tablecloth, mini fire extinguisher centerpieces, etc.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:58 AM

to the fans of the pot holder theory --
it could also be a runner and a single pot holder so you match the runner when you bring something to the table that needs to sit on a hot pad.
or a doggie blanket for doggies who inside on sitting on the table
or placements plus leftovers for more placemats
or ... or ... or ...
Old 02-17-2014, 07:29 AM

your poor sis! she will never live that one down. fun however for everyone else.

thank god its a dog mat! my dog which I don't own would gladly have one with pumpkins on it. He just loves fall leaves and pumpkins I am sure of it. I am only praying this thing has setting triangles the thought of putting it together with a rick rack edge and all that binding that would go up and down.. is FRIGHTENING. so I will hope amongst all hopes that we do anything that kills that prospect.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:30 AM

or it could be a cover for your cutting mat that takes up residence on the table almost always.

not a fan of that potholder theory, with all this stash no time for me to cook. AND while she never said it was a square......Judy also never said it was not a square..... the Oracle of Delphi ..... could take lessons from Judy.