Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat)  Everyone is Welcome! >

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Old 06-15-2013, 07:57 PM

I am a thrilled new owner of a 1957 Featherweight! A wonderful QB member contacted me after a deal-gone-bad from eBay for a Featherweight. Her husband rescues these little baby machines and nurses them back to service. I name the machine after this wonderful family and to protect their privacy will withhold the 'little puppy's" name. HE sews like a dream, in pristine condition and has found a permanent home with me. The postman gave the seller an AAA+ for the packaging. How did the postman know how it was packed? He brought the package to me before he started his regular route because we told him we were expecting it. He wouldn't leave until I unpacked the "sewing machine that arrived in a small box and weighed so little". Would you he came back by our home later to see if I had used it! My new addition will travel with us and enjoy the sights.

Craftybear, if you would like the name of this fantastic family please PM me and I will give you their contact information. I do know that he had a 1937 Featherweight that I almost bought....beautiful machine.

Another source for sales, information and Tip of the Month on Featherweights is www.novamontgomery.com.
I think you would enjoy visiting her website.

Good luck with your search. I hope you find your baby real soon.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:44 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]420159[/ATTACH]
This is Allie. She is a 1951 centennial! I bought her at an antique show in Arkansas. I hadn't been able to find one under $475 here, so when the guy said $300 I grabbed her! She is in perfect shape and looks like she was barely used. Came with case, extra bobbins, needles, button accessories and even the keys for the case. I am thrilled and hubby didn't even complain about the price!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	420159  
Old 02-12-2014, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear View Post
Please post pictures of your Featherweight and do you name them?
I bougth my FW (160$ w/o bobbin case) yesterday in Madrid (Spain) and I'm thrilled!!! Her name is "Scarlett" because she is from USA (love gone whit the wind) and the seller was a gorgeous woman identical to Scarlett Johansson. Hence Scarlett was born... in 1950: is a Centennial.

A month ago I didn't know about FW. Never sold in Spain. But I wanted a vintage sewing machine time ago and yesterday in internet I found it, a really unique and rare item in this country.

I hope you like it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]461898[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]461899[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]461900[/ATTACH]

Thank you for this awesome board. I've known about the FW by all of you!!!

Name:	Singer FW Centennial 20.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	461898   Click image for larger version

Name:	Singer FW Centennial 09.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	461899   Click image for larger version

Name:	Singer FW Centennial 21.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	461900  

Last edited by tron80; 02-12-2014 at 05:24 AM.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by frudemoo View Post
Hi everyone - I'm getting my 222K next week!!! But I can't wait, I'm already stalking here and checking out everyone else's machines. So exciting...

I didn't know anything about Featherweights a couple of months ago and have been delighted by everything I've learned. I'll be spending $300 (or maybe $275 if she agrees... hopefully).

Here is a pic from the original listing: consider this one the 'before' pic!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]416908[/ATTACH]
Give her the $300 and run. You can't find them cheeper than that for sale anywhere. Unless your lucky enough to inherit one or get it off someone who has 0 clue what they have.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
Found my table! Now my little FW has a home of her own.

Guess I'll start hunting for a table for her twin. (This thing never stops).
I'm so ticked I didn't get one locally available in my area for $30 just last year. They didn't have the machine and they had no idea what they had.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by quilter41 View Post
I have the greenish white one and never use it. Love my Viking to much I guess.
I've heard the white ones don't "feel" as nice to sew on as the black and tan ones. That is just what I've read online for reviews. But if I did come across a white one for a good price, I would definitely buy it as a collector.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pats8e8 View Post
Hi, I had my new white Featherweight lubed and cleaned and have a question for you. Do the white Featherweights sew slower than the black ones? This machine seems much slower than my little black one. Anyone know?

Thanks,
Pat
pats8e8
It might be as simple as tightening or loosening the belt. I had one that ran slow and I tightened the belt and it ran like a champ.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by fluffygirl View Post
I finally got my featherweight finished. Was waiting for my husband to finish up the wiring and make sure she could sew. She is a 1945 blackside that was in terrible shape. We had a friend repaint her. The color is the same as my husband's truck-a black metallic (we had left-over paint). She is really pretty in person, the pictures-not so much. No name yet.

Pat

[ATTACH=CONFIG]308549[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]308551[/ATTACH]
Just to be clear, does the blackside mean that it had all black parts and no chrome? what makes it a blackside?
Old 02-24-2014, 11:30 AM

I just purchased a 221K-7. A beautiful white FW I have named Gwyndolyn, (Gwyn) which is Welsh for white or fair I believe. My Gwyn won't be here for a few days but here is the pic from her ebay auction. She was a bargain in my area for $350.00 shipping included. She came bare bones with a case, controller, bobbin case and a bobbin, but looks real clean cosmetically and she might even need a belt. I will add more pics when I get her all cleaned up and decked out with some accessories.

I also purchased a new Juki Pearl to go with her. I am so excited. Too bad birthdays only come once a year!!! It will take me to my next birthday to pay off the CC bill for these. Congrats to all in the FW club and best of luck for those still searching for a FW.

I purchased a book about featherweights that is worth it's weight in gold. I have learned all about them and she shares many fun facts and great photos. The book is titled Featherweight 221 The Perfect Portable Expanded Third Edition by Nancy Johnson Srebro. This is a must have for FW owners.

Name:	$_12.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	464243   Click image for larger version

Name:	41hh+9DwldL__SY300_.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	464244  
Old 02-24-2014, 01:20 PM

Just brought a featherweight 222k today and she looks a bute ,haven't tried her out yet ,can't wait for the morning so I can have a go with her

Last edited by pojoanderson; 02-24-2014 at 01:23 PM.