Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Harbor Freight cutting blades >

Harbor Freight cutting blades

Harbor Freight cutting blades

Old 02-20-2014, 05:57 AM
Power Poster

I have tried HF blades and they are not worth my time changing out bad ones to find a good one in the batch.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:17 AM

We have a Harbor Freight within easy walking distance of our apartment, so I could not resist buying a couple of packages of the blades. Yes, they were indeed very inexpensive, but the first one I tried dulled after cutting one quilt top. I changed blades and found that the second one dulled after one quilt top, too. Having to change blades after each quilt top would wind up being just as expensive in the long run as using really good ones from the quilt shop, right?
Old 02-20-2014, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Jim View Post
I've never had a problem with them and at a buck a piece I can afford to toss one if bad..or take it back. Only time I did have a problem was putting two blades in at the same time until I realized why. I have used the blades for several years now without a problem and I cut tons of fabric.
I am in the process of cutting fabric for my second quilt and I am still on the same blade from Harbor Freight. Yes, you may find a bad one, but for the most part, I'd never buy blades from Hancock's or Joann's or other fabric shop. I'd go an extra mile for Harbor Freight. I have been using them for about three years now. Can't complain one bit. Edie
Old 02-20-2014, 06:23 AM
Power Poster

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...=carpet+cutter

Here is the link. I've been 99% happy with them. They don't seem to bother my mats and just recently I got a dud, but I've been using them since we first discovered them.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Jim View Post
I've never had a problem with them and at a buck a piece I can afford to toss one if bad..or take it back. Only time I did have a problem was putting two blades in at the same time until I realized why. I have used the blades for several years now without a problem and I cut tons of fabric.
Ditto here
Old 02-20-2014, 06:56 AM

I love them and have had no problems...................
Old 02-20-2014, 07:05 AM

I've tried several packages of them - hated them all. My sister has had the same negative experiences with them. I decided that I would rather just buy blades on sale and know I have something that works!!
Old 02-20-2014, 08:04 AM

I have also been using them. So far I have had one bad one. My mat is just fine after using them. For the cost savings I can throw one out on occasion.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:10 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer View Post
I use them too, and have never had a problem!
Ditto. BrendaK
Old 02-20-2014, 08:26 AM

I have been using replacement blades for my 45mm rotary cutter for years, purchased from Harbor Freight. Once in a while I will receive a blade with a small spot that skips when cutting. Most of the time, all blades are very good and sharp and last a good long time. I order them in larger quantities, and have been very pleased with them. When I purchased the blades from other places, they were dull, and I was never happy with the products. There's no telling, wherever the blades are purchased, if one will have a dull spot - so for the price, can't beat these blades from Harbor Freight!