Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Chickens in my sewing studio >

Chickens in my sewing studio

Chickens in my sewing studio

Old 02-22-2014, 09:58 AM

Now those are some wild chickens, love them!!!
Old 02-22-2014, 10:48 AM

I think your chickens are great. They would make me feel happy if they were in my sewing room.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:50 AM

Love your chickens!!! Would you share the pattern?
Old 02-22-2014, 11:28 AM

Love your quilt and the border you chose! I hate when teachers say you can change/use /make it your own and then are unhappy when you do. And on top of that she was rude!

These teachers are in the same class as ones who ask their students to give their opinion or thoughts on something (usually literature) and then mark it wrong when the students' thoughts don't match theirs! (Guess whose great nephew just had this happen to him and whose great aunt went up and had a conference with the teacher. P.S. She changed his grade and gave him full credit!)
Old 02-22-2014, 11:32 AM
Power Poster

I agree with others. Flying geese just wouldn't fly with this/your quilt. Its adorable. You could call your studio the "Hen Hut".
Old 02-22-2014, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
I love your flying chickens! And thank you for explaining the difference between a studio and a sewing room. Who knew? Now I understand that I have a studio, because I certainly don't keep it neat and clean. (And I don't shut the door either, or I might not hear it when it calls to me.)
Dunster, priceless! My family calls my 'studio' the Quilt Lab because I am always experimenting. I will start leaving the door open and will listen for the calling. Or clucking, if I had a chicken quilt!
Old 02-22-2014, 12:44 PM
Power Poster

What a great funky chicken quilt. You were right to insist on doing it your way because I think the flying guess would have detracted from the quilt. If the instructor told you to "make it your own" she was out of line to then "scold" you in front of the entire class. You were right to "make it your own" and stick to your guns. I personally am proud that you and your friend just packed up your things and left the class. Your instructor was not very professional, and I would tell people about what happened to you if someone asks how you liked her class. My sister would have loved that quilt, as she collected chickens all her life. Her youngest daughter now has the chicken quilt I made her from a pattern by Shar Jorgensen, as Mary Ann had loved it and kept it hanging on the wall always.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:06 PM
Power Poster

Cute wall hanging. Don't forget to pick up extra feed at the store LOL.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:29 PM

By your definition, I too have a studio. It is called my house. I kept my home neat and clean at all times for years 'just in case' visitors dropped by. Now if they don't want to see my sewing efforts, they can buy me coffee while we visit at a restaurant! Lol!
Old 02-22-2014, 01:33 PM

I love your flying Chickens!! I may have done the same...then again I am so busy doing my own thing that I usually would not be going to a class...maybe giving one(class) to inspire everyone to make the quilts they want to make!! McTavishing is not a new thing neither is quilt making and Boy! do I love the individuality of ideas that show up when someone makes what they like!!! Wish my studio looked as neat as yours!!!! In reading again..I guess the chickens were the instructor's design..??. I like it!