2014 Fabric Moratorium

Old 02-22-2014, 09:31 AM

ok, emma, you almost got me! I started to look up Whittle, but I didn't. can't buy, need to sew!! i'm not sure if I have a stash or a collection. no one expects you to use your stamp collection for mailing things, so why should they expect us to use our fabric collection?? (thanks, ricky tims). elisabrat, you know you and I have forgotten more than we've ever known, so no reason to sweat it! we're still ahead of the pack, lol. or at the end of the previous one......
Anoka, a gift is a gift. you can use it as you wish. if you choose not to buy f abric you can get all sorts of other stuff, interfacing, stabilizer , blades ,thread, magazines, patterns, etc. or that yummy fabric you just couldn't buy with your own money! enoy it guilt free!
Old 02-23-2014, 05:30 AM

I have made it 7 weeks without buying any new fabric. This has to be an all time record as over the last couple of years I would buy something every couple of weeks either at Joann's or off the web. I am staying focused on scrappy quilts and finishing UFO's. This thread has been so good for me. Good luck to everyone!
Old 02-23-2014, 06:45 AM

Jwardknits: Congrats on making it 7 weeks without buying fabric!

Anoka Quilter: I may need to check out Millie P's.

Connie
Old 02-23-2014, 11:12 AM
Power Poster

Kudos to those who have abstained. It's not easy when there's so many pretty fabrics out there.
Lucky you AnokaQuilter--a guilt free reason to add to your treasured fabric collection.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:34 PM

Yup, I am in too! I have been sorting out this morning and I really need to use of the fabric I have - the boxes are getting too full. Of course I could just buy more boxes! I have just been away sewing with friends for a week. There was 2 fabric shops and all I bought was some velcro - which I needed to finish a project!
Old 02-23-2014, 01:54 PM

Angel: I never could be around that much fabric and remained unscathed. Your a woman of iron!
Old 02-23-2014, 10:19 PM

Ok you ladies of iron wills!! Good job on not buying. I on the other hand succumbed to a sale. I spent $39.00. My excuse is because it's enough fabric for a queen size quilt and Keepsake Quilting catalog came and their price was $500 for a kit I liked and I didn't buy that one. So I figure I saved about $450.00. I know I'm pathetic. I'm really grasping for excuses and the whys of what I do. I did go about 5 weeks without buying and now I have to make a quilt out of what I just bought and shop my stash to make another one just like it. My own rules for buying...poor me. I better get busy sewing and quit ranting about my lack of will power.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:28 AM

Rhonda Lee: If you ever run out of excuses we can help you out. Sorry about your fall, but just get back on the wagon. I think of it as a semi win if I can just cut back on purchases but sales are always my downfall. Never tempted by anything above $5 a yard.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:32 AM

ok, I am home which is a good thing. Two, I am home and honestly.. I look at the fabric on my shelf and I get overwhelmed so I will gladly not spend any cash this week either. Enough is enough. I flounder a bit, worked on a round robin for another quilter and well.. don't know what to do. I have so many projects and sit here, not knowing what to do. This my dear friends, is pathetic. sigh. I think I am just still over tired. Sick to death of that excuse too. Help me, shop for me, shop with me, make me feel all home again
Old 02-24-2014, 03:26 PM

I have been good all month. No fabric purchases. Today I went to Joanne and the only thing I bought was a spool of white thread that I needed. Hopefully I will be as good in March.