Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I did it!  I ordered EQ6 for me!! >

I did it! I ordered EQ6 for me!!

I did it! I ordered EQ6 for me!!

Old 12-14-2009, 08:32 AM
Power Poster

Congratulations for buying it for yourself! The learning curve is very easy. The books will start you out from start to finish and go as detailed as you like or as simple as you like. Connecting Threads have all their fabric lines in EQ6 format you can download into the fabric library and EQ website has all the latest fabric lines you can download every month. I seldom have to scan my fabrics, I can find the fabric in the EQ library. I rarely have to buy a quilt pattern, I can draft any pattern by picture but EQ does not tell you how to construct the pattern or the short cuts to making the blocks.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:35 AM

You will love it! It's great for trying out different ideas, but the best part is you get design quilts that you don't actually have to make! This program will keep you entertained for years!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:30 AM

I'm getting it for Christmas too!!! My LQS has it for $149 but they also offer classes. You get a $15 discount on the class if you buy from them so I figured I might as well support one of my local shops!! I'm so excited!! I called them on Saturday and they are ordering one for me!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:37 AM

You'll love it, have fun!
Old 12-14-2009, 11:00 AM
Power Poster

How exciting :D:D:D
You will enjoy all that you can do with this program!!!
I bet DD will have a lot of fun designing a quilt for you to make for HER :D:D:D
I can't wait to see the new log cabin you have in mind!!!
Old 12-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Power Poster

Hubby,...um, I ordered it FOR hubby, lol...told him while ago. I said we would wrap it as soon as it comes!
That is the best price I have seen! woo hoo! :-D
Old 12-14-2009, 02:35 PM
Power Poster

Congrats on your present. If it gets there before the 25th, are you going to play with it early???
Old 12-14-2009, 03:37 PM

Nope! I'll have it put under the tree. :wink: Plus, I work right up to the 24th and have the week after Christmas off.

I bought 100 spools of Gutermann thread in a case a few weeks ago--that that's going under the tree too. I needed green thread to finish the raggeds and I went back and bought some so as not to start the gift. :roll: I think hubby is pleased I'm choosing gifts for other than the barn. Usually all I want are more shavings, horse feed, and horse treats for my birthday, Mother's Day and Christmas. A heated bucket was the last thing I just bought. I love it!! I tell him I'm so spoiled it feels like Christmas every day here. :-D
Old 12-15-2009, 08:30 PM

I love EQ6. It is user friendly and they have great support, they even help solve computer problems that are not EQ problems. I use it for everything I make, even simple things. It has helped me to learn the program and I play with layouts and color choices. Be sure to sign up for the EQ Forum, you can do that now, even before you get your present.
BTW you can purchase the program directly from the company for $150 with free shipping.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:37 PM

I just bought it last week, but I havent had time yet to install or play with it. I am sooo behind for Christmas. I got the idea when looking through a pattern book at 99 cents sale to make an Indian Teepee, sleeping mats and fleece Indian print blankets for my two youngest grandsons. Then I decided it would be nice to embroider designs to decorate the teepee lol. I am still embroidering, everything is cut and ready to sew when I get done.

Margie