Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 03-04-2014, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
A while back I asked for help keeping a quilt from becoming a UFO. Thanks to all the suggestions, I have finished the top! Not a completed project yet because it's just a flimsy, but there is plenty of hope for it now

[ATTACH=CONFIG]464068[/ATTACH]

I love this quilt top. The colors and the movement are just great. Thanks for sharing your work with us.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:00 AM

I have too many to count so you can count me in! I'm doing the Sylvia quilt along in between finishing projects. I'm almost dieing to start something new but have resisted so far!
Old 03-09-2014, 07:56 AM

Welcome Karen G. This thread is for the encouragement we all need while we're trying to finish our UFOs. The other thread.... is to post pictures of the finishes and let all of us cheer and rave about how beautiful they are. And, I can't forget that we love to pat each other on the back for getting yet another UFO out of the pile..... onto it's life of doing what great quilts do.

In catching up on the pages since I've last visited, I see many of us are super busy with many things.... life does get in the way sometimes. But that's okay. We need a break from time to time. I also see that many of us are still plugging away, getting those UFOs done, or on the way to done.

I'm still struggling with that OBW. I guess the fact that I'm not thrilled with this quilt is the reason why I'm having a hard time keeping at it. But really, I've been quilting it for a week now.... and that's not hand quilting.... that's a long time for me. So, I'm off to go work on it some more. I really NEED to get it finished this week. You all can quote me on that..... and encourage me a little, if you don't mind.

Keep quilting, ladies and gents...... time's a wasting.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:05 AM

Go Nanna go! You can do it. Remember that feeling of "finished"? You are almost there. So close. Go go go.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:14 AM

Thanks, Fraew..... I can do it.... I know I can.

Is that the tree of life that you just finished in your avatar??? I love that quilt. I really want to set this OBW aside and start a tree of life. But, I won't. I'll go work on the OBW...... head down, slumping away......
Old 03-09-2014, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
Is that the tree of life that you just finished in your avatar??? I love that quilt. I really want to set this OBW aside and start a tree of life. But, I won't. I'll go work on the OBW...... head down, slumping away......
The pattern is Crabapples, a Bonnie Hunter Leaders and Enders project.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:51 PM

Nanna, I know you can get that OBW done.....it won't take much longer now that you've made it your focus project! I can't wait to see it. I've been wanting to do one; bought the book; have the ruler; bought the fabric.....still waiting for the "opportune moment" to start it. Maybe after I finish some more of this UFO's on my list (LOL).
Old 03-09-2014, 05:53 PM

Quilt top (flimsy) finished at retreat this weekend...I bought the fabric in Oct, cut in Nov, and got it all put together the last couple of days.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03362.jpg
Views:	629
Size:	300.5 KB
ID:	466466  
Old 03-10-2014, 02:01 AM

It's beautiful, i love the colors.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:34 AM

Nanna-up North: Hang in there! Your OBW is so beautiful with the applique ! Can't wait to see it when all done. Maybe dreaming or planning the next project will urge you to finish this week?

CarrieM: Your quilt is so neat! That block always intrigues me; and such a fun border. Great work!