Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Morsbags >

Morsbags

Morsbags

Old 03-09-2014, 02:41 AM

Fun gift idea but more expensive to make vs. paying $1 or $2 for re-usable bags. Which I still forget to bring with me. I may have to make some tho. Stash busters!! Thanks for clueing me in.

Sandy
Old 03-09-2014, 08:16 AM

Maybe this will help get my stash under control. I think I will look for a local pod that will like to sew together.

I think I will get started right away and make some for gifts for my girlfriend weekend.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:50 AM

Yes, I found the site last year and demoed it at a guild meeting...I like it because each side is the size of fat quarter so no measuring, and easy to make. I keep one folded up in my purse...you never know...... Think I will make a few more to pass out to friends....
Old 03-09-2014, 12:52 PM

I have made a few of these over the past few years, most recently I used a Morsbag to wrap a gift for someone, so they not only got the gift, but a reusable shopping bag as well. I usually just use two fat quarters to make it, so the only cutting is for the handle.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:15 PM

Morsbag was a new term to me but love the idea. I have used reusable bags for years and always have some with me. Mine aren't very pretty but are definitely used. Maybe I will make some new ones and pass these on to others.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by earthwalker View Post
What a great idea.....I love the idea of randomly giving them out ....on the quiet (I am a bit shy sometimes). Sort of like the Guerilla Gardening that goes on. Think I shall order some labels and get "morsbagging" (with a quilty theme of course).
Hi earthwalker, so glad you are taking up this idea,if you cheack out the morsbags site you will get so many ideas.I give them out to neighbours, it helps the planet and makes friends too.Love Letty
Old 03-11-2014, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
Fun gift idea but more expensive to make vs. paying $1 or $2 for re-usable bags. Which I still forget to bring with me. I may have to make some tho. Stash busters!! Thanks for clueing me in.

Sandy
Hi Sandy, I put out a request for fabric to make the bags,got old curtains etc. no need for expensive cotton fabric. x
Old 03-11-2014, 12:35 PM

Interesting - now how do you make a smaller one and stiffen it so it will stand up like a gift bag? The Vulcan would like one to carry and store apples in.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:07 PM

Great idea. I'd never heard about them. Thanks
Old 03-11-2014, 11:48 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Letty View Post
Hi earthwalker, so glad you are taking up this idea,if you cheack out the morsbags site you will get so many ideas.I give them out to neighbours, it helps the planet and makes friends too.Love Letty
I have ordered my "morsbag" labels - so they will be "authentic" and am casting my eyes over my overflowing piles of stash and hoarded remnants......can't be the "crazy cat lady" due to registration and shire restrictions so I'll be the "crazy morsbag lady" instead