Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone use these rulers for blocks? >

Anyone use these rulers for blocks?

Anyone use these rulers for blocks?

Old 03-12-2014, 06:21 AM

I purchased them and also purchased the guides to add 1/4 seams and enlarge. The ruler comes with a rubberized strip on the long edges that is supposed to stop ruler from moving. Supposedly these strips can be put on other rulers too. I found that the strips kept falling off so I had to super glue them to the ruler and therefore made them permanent to their ruler.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:16 AM

I am such a gadget person. Could see myself buying these.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:22 AM

I have them but haven't really used them much. I tend to cut on the wrong mark when using my regular rulers so thought this would help me from making so many wrong cuts. Think I've used them once since acquiring them and they do what they said they do. My only complaint is that when I put them together in an L" shape to cut lengths, the adapter gets in the way or I have it attached wrong which could be my problem more so than theirs.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:56 AM

One of the wonderful reasons to pay all that money for quilt magazines is the new ways of cutting and assembleing your quilt tops. If you have the new Missouri Star Quilt Block mag look on page 13. After quilting for decades I find this method of making hst is just amazing, very accurate, give it a try and forget most (all) of the rulers that are for triangles!
Old 03-12-2014, 10:40 AM

Looks interesting, but when I think that I can read a ruler myself, I get annoyed and don't want to pay for them!
Old 03-12-2014, 11:28 AM

I find using the easy angle and the June Tailor products to provide the most accurate work. I,too have a number of rulers that I thought looked great, but were a waste of $.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:08 PM

I bought them, hated them and sent them back for refund.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:17 PM

I had checked this out a while back and came to the conculsion that I didn't need it. I have a Wonder Ruler to make HST'S and Quarter square triangles. I also have the June Tailor Shape Cut ruler, by far my fave ruler.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:48 PM

I didn't see a price?? I probably wouldn't take the time to figure it all out..... :-0
Old 03-12-2014, 03:16 PM

I actually bought these and have since sold them. I am also a sucker for new gadgets, but when I bought them a couple of years ago I found that they were not made of the best plastic (they really flexed a lot) and are somewhat more complicated than just having a regular ruler.