Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2014 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 03-13-2014, 07:10 AM

TOOT !! TOOT !! TOOT !!

Jean, your quilt is absolutely beautiful. I love everything about it, especially the vines and flowers on the outer border. That border really makes the quilt sing out loud. Congratulations on a wonderful finish.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:21 AM
Power Poster

Well struggle no more. OBW are always so intriguing.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:05 AM

Wow, great work everyone! You all have been busy this month. I'm loving all the photos - and I just started a few of my old UFO's so maybe I'll be posting my own pics soon.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:24 AM

Oh, Jean, that quilt was worth waiting for!!! I love everything about it: the borders, the quilting and the interesting hexi blocks! Aren't you proud of yourself for persevering and producing such a beautiful quilt? It is such a delight to look at. Hope you enjoy it for a long time!
Old 03-13-2014, 05:18 PM

Default 2009 Swap

These 5" flannel blocks were swapped in 2009 and partially sewn together! Just got it out of UFO bin and finished it today...don't think I will be making very many rag quilts! Clipclipclipclipclipclip...ad nauseum!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rag Quilt.jpg
Views:	715
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	467068  
Old 03-13-2014, 07:16 PM

Ms Giggle: That's what I said too, until everyone thought they were so nice to cuddle into. Then everyone wanted one.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:10 PM

Default March UFO Finished

The colors are brighter than it looks in the picture.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	march qylt.jpg
Views:	697
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	467088  
Old 03-13-2014, 09:44 PM

Wow, just wow! You all are so quick with your finishes and your quilts are wonderfully inspiring. Gorgeous and fun. What a great deal of talent is here, I am so impressed with how you all are making so much progress. I on the other hand am still plugging along with Orca. I do have the wings done. It's really not been easy for me to push through this quilt. I don't think I'll be able to get it completed by the end of the month, but I'll certainly get more done than if I didn't work on it.
Emma, how did you hang in there and finish yours?
Old 03-14-2014, 04:45 AM

Miss Giggle- what a cozy quilt! Looks soft and cuddly and ready to keep someone toasty warm!

Nena- Nice finish. I love the large print and how it adds interest.

Rhonda Lee-Bravo to you for persisting with your Orca Bay. I have one in about the same stage that keeps calling me to finish the borders. I thought I would simplify the pieced border to avoid those small tris, but I'm not sure it will work. Good for you to keep on plugging! Lots of sewing in that quilt!
Old 03-14-2014, 05:05 AM

Missgigglewings.... what a fun looking quilt. I've never done one of those before but I can understand why the clip,clip,clip of the edges could get to be a struggle. I feel that way when I take off paper from paper piecing. But someone is gong to love, love, love it..... congrats on the finish.

Nena, Toot, Toot..... ringing the bell for you.... what a nice quilt. I do love quilts like yours that have a repeat of a pretty block. And that block took some time, didn't it? Lovely.... looks so cozy to snuggle under. Bravo!

Rhonda Lee- I'm feeling kinda dumb.... don't know what an Orca quilt is but I'm sure it is a beauty. And any quilt can give you the doldrums at times. I think every quilt I make makes me a little frustrated at some point.... and I want to quit. So, I get on here or on the therapy thread and say, HELP... I need a little encouragement and like majic, all my QB buddies cheer me over the slump and on to the finish. So, I'm doing the same for you. You can do it.... you've gotten this far,..... it's close to being finished and you're going to love it..... And, I'm not just saying all that. It's true. I know it's true because it happens for me and many others.... You go, girl... it's getting closer to a finish with every stitch.