Missouri Star BLOCK Magazine >

Missouri Star BLOCK Magazine

Missouri Star BLOCK Magazine

Old 03-13-2014, 04:55 PM

I have not rec'd mine yet either.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:57 PM

Poopie, no magazine today
Old 03-13-2014, 05:28 PM

I received mine today in So California! Love, love, love it. It has various patterns based for several skill levels. There is one - the mini periwinkle that seems more complex that I have never attempted using paper...will need to read more carefully . Overall, it is more like a book and not a magazine. It is definetly a keeper and well worth the money.
I really like the clear instructions on material needs.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:16 PM

Mine came yesterday. It's a beautiful magazine. I want to make everything in it.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by michelleoc View Post
For those of you that have gotten your magazine and pored over it, I have a question. If you were only allowed to get one quilting magazine, would this be it?
I live in Mississippi and received my copy yesterday. I love it - more like a book than a magazine. If this is the only quilting magazine I could have then this is it.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:39 PM
Power Poster

after reading mine more than once, it really is only an "idea Book" to decide what quilt you'd want to make. then you must go watch the tutorial to really see how it's done and if templates are needed, buy them. Business. I may not keep taking this Idea Book myself. I have enough ideas.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by michelleoc View Post
For those of you that have gotten your magazine and pored over it, I have a question. If you were only allowed to get one quilting magazine, would this be it?
If you like using precuts as your source for your quilt materials this may be a wonderful "one" quilt mag. But I normally use very few precuts as my source so....... not thinking this would be my only source.

For those who love what MSQC produces in way of videos and quilts, I think this is great. But for me, there are so many other blogs that I follow and other quilt patterns/styles that I like, the Block source could not be my only inspirational source magazine.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:37 AM

PLEASE READ THIS CONCERNING THE BLOCK MAGAZINE. I copied this entry from the Missouri star co. website under general chit-chat so for those of you who, like I, haven't received your magazine this is probably why:

If you haven't gotten your BLOCK magazine yet, READ THIS!
From BillNye aka Al Doan, president of MSQC

FOUND IN MY POST No BLOCK today

It's an odd business this shipping. We went with a printer out in Pennsylvania, and with the 5.99 subscription, we wanted to ship it for that price, felt it would be a bit goofy to ask for shipping on anything subscribed to, so we cut a deal with the printer to lump all our mail in with everyone elses mail in order to ship it for 1/3 the price. They say it should take 5-10 business days to get there. The printing was complete on the 28th, which was a Friday, and was "shipped" that day, but it just went in the trucks that day. It then shipped out on the 3rd right into the postal system Bulk Media rate, which is about the dregs of the barrel in the shipping world. We had 75 addresses that weren't kosher and I had to reship them manually, so those will be set back a few days still, but everything else should be filtering in.

I'm not sure how we should treat this in the future, maybe hold the issue for a week after it ships to you all that helped us out by subscribing so everyone gets them about the same time? What do you think is a good idea?

Please add ideas if you can think of a way to better distribute the magazine subscriptions!

GO TO: http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/gen...-yet-read.html regarding this discussion topic. Though y'all would like to know.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:34 PM

Still waiting for mine. I live just north of Dallas.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:59 AM

I received mine yesterday and it is a wonderfully thought out book! Can't wait to do a pattern from there!