Martha from VA

Old 12-17-2009, 11:47 AM

I lived there for almost 30 years before coming home to Christmas. Welcome Martha!
Old 12-17-2009, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by sarahelloyd
where is VA please? Just being nosey!
VA is Virginia. On the Eastern side of the U.S. It is below New York and Pennsylvania, and above North Carolina. Its a beautiful state - the eastern side touches the ocean, and the western side of the state touches the mountains. We live closer to the mountains. Its beautiful.

We have very good weather - we don't get the heavy snows (usually) of the north eastern states, and we don't have the totally unbearable summers of the southern states. It does hit 100 F occasionally and we do get some snow - we have 3-14 inches predicted for this weekend! We haven't had a big snow like that in years. :)

I've lived in New York (born and raised in the upstate), New Jersey, Kansas, Alabama, and Virginia. Also lived in Germany for 7 years. Hubby was in the military.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:57 PM

Hello from Ks and glad you joined up.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Rainybug
I lived there for almost 30 years before coming home to Christmas. Welcome Martha!
Christmas - what a perfect town to live in! :)
Old 12-17-2009, 03:09 PM

It sounds like the most wonderful place to live, I live in central Southern England, about 7 miles from where the big cruise liners come and go and the weather is much the same throughout the year only wetter and colder in winter. That said we had a 1/8th inch of snow tonight and the outside temp is -1.0 centigrade and this is really cold. Nice to get to know you. Thanks for answering my question.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:09 PM

Sure, no problem. :)

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone!

I've been upstairs practicing quilting on my machine on some coasters I am making my friend who has 2 dogs. Got her a nice mug with paw prints on it, and the coasters have paw prints too. Gonna stick some good chocolates in the mug, and give them all to her for Christmas. :)
Old 12-18-2009, 05:35 PM

Welcome from Phoenix. Pretty quilt. I have a brother in Bristol. Really great state. Sometimes I'm tempted to go back east but I'd really miss the kids and grands
Old 12-19-2009, 09:59 AM
dsj

Hi Martha, we chatted for a few minutes the other night. I am a hand quilter also. I repair/restore quilts and love every minute of it. Although, I'm getting quite jealous of the quilts that are shown on this site, These quilters are soooo talented and quick. It fascinates me to see all these creations. Beautiful, beautiful work. I would love to see your quilt. Welcome, and Merry Christmas from Tennessee.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by dsj
Hi Martha, we chatted for a few minutes the other night. I am a hand quilter also. I repair/restore quilts and love every minute of it. Although, I'm getting quite jealous of the quilts that are shown on this site, These quilters are soooo talented and quick. It fascinates me to see all these creations. Beautiful, beautiful work. I would love to see your quilt. Welcome, and Merry Christmas from Tennessee.
Wow, repair and restore. I'm just learning how to do it.
I too, am jealous of the quilts shown here - its amazing. I can only hope to get that good some day.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!! The first picture is what the front of my house looked like 2 days ago - we just had new siding put on.

The second picture is what it looked like this morning..... :shock:

And that was at 9 a.m. this morning - its been snowing hard ever since and there is at least 18" out there right now.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-60470.jpe
Views:	41
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	60470   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-60471.jpe
Views:	44
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	60471  
Old 12-19-2009, 03:29 PM

Fantastic, I am so envious of you, although I know life can't be very easy when you need to go out and that. Happy Christmas and more importantly Happy Quilting!!