Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone tried this yet, or even seen it? >

Has anyone tried this yet, or even seen it?

Has anyone tried this yet, or even seen it?

Old 03-18-2014, 07:05 AM

Haven't seen it, but I'd be very likely to avoid it. Too many years of laundry to take a chance. My husband puts all colors together if he doesn't have a full load; black sweat pants with white underwear. I've tried to explain, after 50 years, that you can't do that. Ah, so I have grey underpants for a few weeks guess there are worse things.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:05 AM
Power Poster

I don't care how a subject is titled. I learn something with every post. Funny those that read it anyway even when they say they probably wouldn't. LOL

I bought some of this this morning using the coupon and a package of brand new white tee shirts. I have a few yards of dark fabric to wash and I'm tossing in one brand new out of the package white tee shirts. I'll compare the shirt to the other new one after washing. Later when I have more dark fabric to wash I'll use my regular Tide Pods and toss in the other new tee shirt and compare to this one. I like to know if something works or not for me, I don't care about reviews from anyone that hasn't tried it.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Bluelady View Post
My son does his own laundry. He tried "no sorting" (different detergent than one discussed here.)
He now has pink t-shirts. I think he may sort from now on..
As a wife and mother of three boys, believe me during the years there were many loads of pink male underware, but I found a hint years ago that always worked. Any article that has had color bleed onto it can have it removed by washing it with an old pair of jeans-worked every time.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:41 AM

the title of this post intrigued me to read further. As I read on I lost interest in the opinions about laundry soap and found myself feeling badly for the poster who just asked a question and did not deserve such a critical response from a couple posters.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Bluelady View Post
My son does his own laundry. He tried "no sorting" (different detergent than one discussed here.) He now has pink t-shirts. I think he may sort from now on..
When we went to orientation at NC State with our son in 2000, one of the advisers said, "Moms, teach you sons how to sort laundry. After about two weeks, we see many guys wearing pink shirts!" The main NC State color is red!!!!
Old 03-18-2014, 11:17 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BettyGee View Post
Haven't seen it, but I'd be very likely to avoid it. Too many years of laundry to take a chance. My husband puts all colors together if he doesn't have a full load; black sweat pants with white underwear. I've tried to explain, after 50 years, that you can't do that. Ah, so I have grey underpants for a few weeks guess there are worse things.
Hey Betty, some people pay big money for colored underpants (haha). Just need to put your bra in the same laundry and then you would have a matched set. As long as I have been sorting laundry it's second nature for me. I love my color catchers. Always good to know about new products, right? Will be watching to see the response of those who used it. BrendaK
Old 03-18-2014, 12:48 PM

Wow Bluelady, I just looked at the blocks for Boomerang 11. I don't have a clue what boomerang 11 is but the blocks are spectacular. Joyce in DE
Old 03-18-2014, 02:07 PM
Power Poster

The new tee shirt looks as white as it did before washing. I had several yards of Jenny Beyer deep tone fabrics in the wash with it. I'll post again when I wash more of the same fabric and new tee shirt using the regular detergent. I don't like to have a lot of washed fabric piled up to iron.