looking for parts

Old 03-18-2014, 07:30 PM

Default looking for parts

I picked up a Singer 99K the other day for $10. It is in very good shape except it is missing three parts. I know where to get one of the parts, but I can only find the other parts on one site and both are priced high (IMHO) and there is only one seller of each. So, I wondered if I could ask here if anyone has the parts (to purchase of course, and hopefully for less) or is there another place on the board I am supposed to do that.

I already had a 99-13 and the two important missing parts are not on that machine.

Thanks,
Jp
Old 03-19-2014, 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by minibarn View Post
I picked up a Singer 99K the other day for $10. It is in very good shape except it is missing three parts. I know where to get one of the parts, but I can only find the other parts on one site and both are priced high (IMHO) and there is only one seller of each. So, I wondered if I could ask here if anyone has the parts (to purchase of course, and hopefully for less) or is there another place on the board I am supposed to do that.

I already had a 99-13 and the two important missing parts are not on that machine.

Thanks,
Jp
Might be a stupid question but what are these important parts?
Old 03-19-2014, 05:21 AM

The tension assembly and the stitch length indicator lever. Part of the tension assembly is there, but the part w/the numbers is not.

Jp
Old 03-19-2014, 07:01 AM

You can check on ebay. Lots of parts are listed there.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:46 AM

Hi, Here is a picture of my 99K centennial. It is the older style and there are no numbers on the tension dial. The stitch length is the large silver knob on the post of the machine. It is possible that your machine is just fine the way it is. Pat
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Singer 99K centennial - Copy.jpg
Views:	695
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	467986  
Old 03-19-2014, 02:40 PM

I did look on Ebay, I did find them there but I felt the price was a bit high.

Fluffygirl-I have a 99 like that (99-13) but no this one has the stitch length adjuster, and the tensioner w/the numbers like this http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1un42Sh4PW.../s1600/001.JPG

Jp
(thanks to whoever this pic belongs to)

Last edited by minibarn; 03-19-2014 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by minibarn View Post
I did look on Ebay, I did find them there but I felt the price was a bit high.

Jp
(thanks to whoever this pic belongs to)
That's not uncommon. Typically, parts to make a machine whole can cost more than what the original machine cost. Sewclassic.com has some repro parts.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
That's not uncommon. Typically, parts to make a machine whole can cost more than what the original machine cost. Sewclassic.com has some repro parts.
I don't think she has the parts I need. Guess I will just shelf this one for now because I don't want to pay 3 times the cost of the machine for the missing parts. If I thought I could get back out of it what I put into it I would go ahead. It was only $10 and physically in good shape. Oh well, I can keep watching Ebay and perhaps the parts will come through cheaper later on.

Thanks for the help,
Jp
Old 03-20-2014, 01:57 PM

Oh my, if I had a 99-K as pretty as that one, I would be going nuts trying to find the parts you are not finding. PM me and I'll check to see if any of mine can be plundered enough to send you what you need. Is yours in a cabinet, or a carrying case? Get back with me; we can work something out.....
Old 03-20-2014, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by oldtnquiltinglady View Post
Oh my, if I had a 99-K as pretty as that one, I would be going nuts trying to find the parts you are not finding. PM me and I'll check to see if any of mine can be plundered enough to send you what you need. Is yours in a cabinet, or a carrying case? Get back with me; we can work something out.....
PM'd you!

Thanks,
Jp