Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 03-17-2014, 05:37 AM

Yes QlterSue, I did mention getting through the middle of a project can get rather tiresome and I slow down, but when you start to see the light at the end of the tunnel it certainly feels good doesn't it! It gives me a second wind and I get my motivation back. It sounds like it's the same for you. Yes we all just gotta keep going....I am with you on that completely.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:21 AM
Power Poster

carriem-- it's sew pretty!
Old 03-19-2014, 12:09 PM

Well, my forward UFO progress has stalled out. I am presently clearing out my sewing room to make room for a Babylock Tiara that is supposed to come this week! Hooray! BUT...I've made such a big mess "Cleaning" that I can't sew in there yet! I have been meaning to clean it out for a while, but now I have a good reason. lol! Seems like my room gets all the stash-it items when company comes and all the leftovers and I-don't-know-where-to-put-its!!! Where did all this stuff come from? Little by little....
Old 03-19-2014, 03:00 PM

Well, I am really mad at myself today! I decided to go through some plastic tubs that contained a few of my "aged" UFO's to make a final decision on whether or not I even wanted to finish the ones that were in there. I came across a quilt called Cumberland that was started in 2003 (yes, it really has been 11 years ago) and since there were several pieces of fabric sewn together decided to put them up on my design wall to figure out where I left off. To my amazement, all of the blocks had been stitched together into 8 rows that even had post-its pinned to them indicating their order. All that needs to be done to finish the quilt top is to sew the 8 rows together vertically and put on the border. Even the wide width backing fabric was in the plastic tub. I used civil war and early Thimbleberries fabrics so the colors are right up my alley but for the life of me I can't figure out (or remember) why I never finished working on this quilt. I could kick my butt for leaving this one sit for so long! Needless to say, it's still pinned to my design wall and is the next one that is going to be worked on. I guess the good news for me on this UFO is that it is so much further along than I thought it was that I will have another UFO finished in no time!
Old 03-19-2014, 05:08 PM

QltrSue: Congrats on your new "baby", that's sure worth cleaning for. Rita: If you ever figure out why you stopped at exactly that point with your Cumberland please let me know. Most UFO's I have I stopped at that exact spot, wish I could figure out why.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:08 PM

Princess--Hooray for you! So glad you are further along than you thought! I do that too--and wonder why I put things down. But can't wait to see your completed top!
Old 03-19-2014, 05:33 PM

I have found that I stop on a quilt when I have another one I *have to* make (usually for a gift)...maybe that's why some of you get so close but don't finish??
Old 03-19-2014, 05:49 PM

I may have figured out when I stopped but not why I didn't start back up on it. At the home we lived in back then I started out sewing in a corner of our guest room. After a while my husband suggested we dismantle the guest room (because we never had overnight company anyway) and start using the extra bedrooms in that big old house for ourselves. He turned the guest room into an office and I packed up all my sewing stuff and moved into the larger bedroom with the huge walk-in closet on the other side of the house. It was heaven! Somehow I never got back to that quilt and it's been in that plastic tub ever since. I even moved that tub a second time when we retired and relocated to the Ozarks. I guess it was a case of out of sight...out of mind! I'll have to take a photo of it on my design wall in its current state and post it here so I'll feel "obligated" to get it done....LOL.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:07 PM

Is anyone familiar with the UFO from h-e-double hockey sticks? I am trying to bind a small lap quilt and it's giving me fits! I say enough is enough! I'm not going to bed until I post a "finished" pic. Wish me luck.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:13 PM

I can go to bed now! Olivia the pig is done. Pic posted on the sister thread.

Can I please start 10 new projects now? I am caught up with 3 finishes for 2014. Pretty please?!? Is there a separate thread for UFO starts?