Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll >

Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Old 03-20-2014, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
OK PEEPS....Remember the 'communication' thing?? I realize things come up, you get busy and forget, but this is a SWAP! I've sent out 3 blocks this month, have heard from ONE! I have received one out of the 3. I've sent PM's and posted on here that I'd like to hear something. It only takes a few mins. to make contact.
I've had a few ladies join the swap, then seem to disappear. Did you forget you joined? Changed your mind? It would be really nice to let us know what is going on. I've managed to make 4 blocks this month for ladies that never heard or received from their partners! Surely you, that ask to come aboard, can make ONE block. As I've said before, it's not fair to those of us who take the time to welcome you to the group, make your blocks, then never hear from you again.

PLEASE, COMMUNICATE with us.. If you no longer want to be a member of the Bee, just say so. We're a good group, and love to sew, so get in touch with us...Answer your PM's, or do it on this page. Sorry to be so blunt, but this hits a nerve with me. A swap is just that, a SWAP - which means you do for your partner, what you expect in return...MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Jean
AMEN Sister. I can help any time someone doesn't get a block too. Just COMMUNICATE with me.....LOL
Really I am happy to help.
Roberto
Old 03-20-2014, 10:56 AM

I am not active right now in this swap but I have been. I encountered the problem of only giving and not getting a block back about half the time. I believe that it is better now. It is my firm conviction that if someone does not fulfill their obligation for one month they should not be allowed to participate the next month. There are some fabulous people in this swap and it ruins it for everyone if all do not do what they are suppose to do. Life happens and being held out a month is not disaster and one can regroup, catch up, and start again. Of course this is IMHO.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:01 AM
Power Poster

I second the Amen. lol... You go girl!! I will have mine going out either tomorrow or Saturday, but more likely tomorrow. My partner said she has finished mine, and we have kept in contact. I love this swap.

Happy Spring!!
Old 03-20-2014, 12:27 PM

Thank you Difergie, couldn't have said it better myself.. I just want all to enjoy the swap, it's such a fun way to collect blocks, even though they may lay for years....(ask me how I know..lolo)

I have gotten to the point if someone doesn't contact me, or their partner, they are not in the swap until they contact me. I feel this is only fair to those that DO fulfill the swap.. Thanks all for understanding..

Sew Hugs
Jean
Old 03-21-2014, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Difergie View Post
I am not active right now in this swap but I have been. I encountered the problem of only giving and not getting a block back about half the time. I believe that it is better now. It is my firm conviction that if someone does not fulfill their obligation for one month they should not be allowed to participate the next month. There are some fabulous people in this swap and it ruins it for everyone if all do not do what they are suppose to do. Life happens and being held out a month is not disaster and one can regroup, catch up, and start again. Of course this is IMHO.
Good Morning Di,

I want to make you a block. Anything you want. It isn't fair when you work so hard on your blocks and nothing come to you. pm me and let know what you would like.
I am SO HAPPY to do it.
Roberto
Old 03-21-2014, 07:57 AM

Hi everyone,
I am rejoining this swap after taking time off because of a move - 5 miles down the road. I have been in touch with Oksewnsew already and we are a go.

I have swapped with several of you in the past but it would be my good fortune to 'Bee' your monthly buddy once again.

Looking forward to working with all my future partners.

best,
d
Old 03-21-2014, 10:08 AM
cjr

Whigrose.
I'll swap with you this month. Please pm me with your mailinbg info.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:21 AM

Default March Blocks Cajun & ljptexas

I just received my March block from ljptexas aka Jodie. Here is a photo of the one she sent me and also she has requested that I add the photo of the block I sent her. So first will be the one I received from Jodie and then the one I sent her.

Hugs,
Cajun
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	03 Mar ljptexas4Cajun.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	468341   Click image for larger version

Name:	03 Mar Cajun-4-ljptexas.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	468342  
Old 03-21-2014, 12:05 PM
Power Poster

Very nice blocks to see today. They are so pretty, and colorful. If my partner My.sewingroom sees this, I need your address to send off your block. I looked and don't have it. I had sent you mine though. I had such fun making your block. She requested a star block, and it did turn out pretty.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:49 PM

Robert-you are a sweetheart and have made things for me before as well as sharing thread. I think of you every time I use one of the spools you gave me! So there are good thoughts flying around you when you do not even know it. You are truly a special person. No need to make me anything.... ;-). ...and I do love this swap!