Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Birthday Swap 2.5  sign up now  !!!! >

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

Old 03-22-2014, 03:58 PM

Sent to the April birthday girls
Old 03-22-2014, 04:19 PM

Birthday wishes to all our March birthday Princesses. For the new ladies, at our house you're the Birthday Princess as long as you're still receiving gifts! I do hope all y'all receive candy from me and mrs.sherbert(my daughter). Hubby mailed them the first part of the week!!!
Old 03-22-2014, 06:56 PM

My squares were mailed to the April Birthday ladies on Thursday, 3/20
Old 03-23-2014, 05:32 PM

I mailed all my packages on Friday 3-20-14 for March. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all of you ladies. I hope my blocks add to your fun.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:46 AM

Oh such fun. It seems that it took forever, but have finally gotten through all the mail.
Thank you all of the candy is great. I will start my quilt some time this week.
Thanks you to the following: mrshalibut, bjsmith57, ahwu, sewbizgirl, bullock2us, oneteappot, billie jean, mls, Anoka quiltrer, kathym, quilter day_by_day, wmuteach, jannie, grannyrosie, barbarakibler, daisy dew, havplenty, istew2212, happylab, let's quilt, djmat, dorides, mamaskeeto, sherir and janicemcc.
Some of the ones received I could not match up to the sender and have asked Barbara for help.
What great candy. I had my pattern worked out last year just hoping that we would have another swap. Love you all. Jarenie
Old 03-24-2014, 11:50 AM

Thank you SheriR and Mrssherbert for the lovely birthday cards and the "bright and bold" colored candies that I received from you today.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:07 PM

I also received squares today from SherriR, mrssherbet, and also Trishb. Thank you for the pattern, trishb! I don't know if you meant to send it, or just used a paper to wrap the squares, but it looks really interesting and I think I'll do a wallhanging from it. : )
Old 03-24-2014, 05:43 PM

Thank you Anoka Quilter and Trishb for the lovely squares that I received today.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:54 PM
Power Poster

Oh boy! My birthday has started early... today I had packages from djmat, DoriDes and Cindy Barrett. Cindy, are you cindynvb? Beautiful little squares!! Thank you so much. I spread them out to take this picture but I can't wait to go through them one by one.

Ladies, by your beautiful scraps I can tell you must have made some gorgeous quilts. Thank you so very much!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Views:	294
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	468851  
Old 03-25-2014, 06:19 AM

Hi all,
I haven’t yet introduced myself, so here it is!
I have three awesome kids: 20 year old twin boys and a 16 year old daughter. We have one cat. Each. I’ve been divorced for 14 years. I am a teacher as a second career, and am trying to get a steady job. This year, I’ve taught first grade. I love it and I always come home with funny stories. It was very busy the first part of this month with school and parent teacher conferences and assessments and grades, so I just couldn’t find time for anything else!
When I was in high school, I would spend the night at my friend’s house. Her mom made afghans, and would open up the linen closet, and let me choose which ones I wanted to sleep with. It was so cool and they didn’t have any “store-bought” blankets. I decided then and there that’s what I wanted as an adult, and immediately started crocheting. Well, I went over there once and she had just finished a QUILT. It was majestic! I fell in love. I wanted to make one, and my friend’s mom, not knowing how sewing - challenged I was, started rattling off how easy it was ”you just get a ¼ inch seam allowance and border backing basting binding batting @&*&$%#!” I felt like running away with my ears covered, it was so confusing!
Six years later, a different friend invited me to take a beginner’s quilt class with her. She never finished hers, but I’ve made 50 and counting since then! There are absolutely NO store-bought blankets in our home. : )
I’m easily working on more than 25 quilts in various stages. I started off machine quilting, but I usually make bed-size quilts and it’s such a pain to get ½ a quilt shoved under the arm, so I’ve taken to hand quilting instead. I love to do I Spys. I’m most proud of the quilts my kids made. My boys were 12 and my girl was 9, and they each won something at the county fair. They know the amount of work it takes first hand!
I got my screen name from years ago. My sons were 4, and I had taken them to a children’s museum. They played a computer game, something with a school of fish. When I said it was time to go, they repeated a line from the game, “Yes, Mrs. Halibut.” They said it simultaneously and I thought it was so funny. I hadn’t yet realized where they got it. It has stuck with us for many years. : )
Thank all of you for the wonderful candy squares! This has been a really fun birthday. : )