Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How would you quilt this? >

How would you quilt this?

How would you quilt this?

Old 03-22-2014, 09:57 AM

That's a beautiful quilt! Sometimes when we see something too much, we get used to it and crave something different. At least that's something that happens to me.

I only do end to end quilting, so if you want quilting fully customized to the quilt, I can't help. Otherwise, I would look for an end to end cat pattern and go with that.

Whatever you do will turn out to be the perfect quilting for it. Please let us see it when you're done.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:51 AM

How can you not like it, your quilt is just beautiful.
Love it.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:57 AM

Beautiful quilt top, great job, love it
Old 03-22-2014, 04:01 PM

First of all, let me say that is one GORGEOUS quilt!! You've inspired me to dig out my S&W tool and some busy fabric and see if I get anything CLOSE to as beautiful as this!!
My thoughts on this would be the following:
1 - since you say you have become rather disenchanted with it, I'd do a panto to get it finished - otherwise, it will just sit there and piss you off.
2 - since it's for a child, again a panto or a meander would be best for ensuring that it's well-stitched, because I know it's going to be well-loved
3 - it's busy - VERY busy - so no matter what thread you use, the quilting would still fade into the background. So, yet again, a panto (preferably a curvy, curly or wavy one) or a meander will still be best for this.

With all that said, if you're still not happy with the top, I would be interested in buying it from you. You can PM me if you are still hating it.
I think it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL, GORGEOUS and AMAZING!
And you know what? I'll bet the little girl and her parents will think so too!!!
Old 03-22-2014, 04:48 PM

What a beautiful quilt! I love it and can't believe you don't! I don't have a LA, so I can' help there, but I just wanted to say how much I like your quilt.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:02 PM

wow....beautiful!!!!!
Old 03-23-2014, 03:33 AM

What a beautiful top. I usually send my quilts out to be quilted and ask the LA lady for suggestions so my two cents isn't even worth a penny. I love reading what others suggest though. What a great board!
Old 03-23-2014, 03:39 AM

There was a post here last week where she said instead of looking at the overall design, focus on the main design or a section of it and see what it is. Something like that. But she said that its easier to sometime focus on a smaller section when trying to decide on how to to quilt it. I think she put her post under tutorils but not sure.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:46 AM

Great S&W, perfect for a child. They will love finding all the cat parts as they get older. If you. Oldfinal a cute all over cat that would work.

I have a love/hate relationships with my quilts. There is usually at least a couple of times I hate them in the process. The finished product is usually in the love category, if not I put it away for about 2 months and it becomes a love. Distance helps.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:48 PM

Beautiful quilt. Job well done.