E- Books

Old 03-24-2014, 09:30 AM

Angry E- Books

I subscribe to Guidebook and downloaded a wonderful mystery book that I am now reading.
The title is FAMILY PATTARNS and is about a little boys Sunshine and Shadow quilt. Having trouble putting the book down, have a great day - back to my reading!

Old 03-24-2014, 09:46 AM

I love ebooks I read all 3 crazy old lady books. Includes quilting nearly finished the mystery quilt plus book.
I also download quilt books instead of hard covers.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:14 PM

what and where is it? TIA!
Old 03-25-2014, 03:03 PM

Did you know you can download audio books to your laptop or other devices and listen to them while you quilt? I do this and listen on my laptop while I'm enjoying my quiet and solitude in the sewing room. I've probably been through 8 or 10 books and it's all free. I love Jonathan Kellerman and download a new one every few days. No books to return to the library and no cd's to have to try and listen to when they're all scratched up from other people.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:29 PM

Are there links to these sites and what are they? Inquiring minds want to knowwwww

Thanks
Ladibug
Old 03-26-2014, 03:25 AM

I download all my audio books from the local library (free) . I download them to my MP3 player so I can move around while listening. (Cleaning, doing dishes, whatever). You an also 'google' free audio books. Lots of classics there.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:02 AM

I'm a huge audio fan. Couldn't quilt, garden, cook, etc., without a good story. Listening is a lost art and it causes one to really pay attention :-). I also live my Nook. I load both my mp3 and Nook from the library.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by 2manyhobbies View Post
I'm a huge audio fan. Couldn't quilt, garden, cook, etc., without a good story. Listening is a lost art and it causes one to really pay attention :-). I also live my Nook. I load both my mp3 and Nook from the library.
I also have a nook and download many books but was unaware that I could download audio books or am I reading your post wrong. Does anyone know of a site that has quilting stories to download, my library doesn't have any.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:44 AM

I've been to two libraries so far trying to get the audio books they offer downloaded to my Kindle and neither the Maine State Library or the one in the nearest city could help me so I've given up. I was anxious to have that app this winter to pass the time while quilting. I know there are paid sites but, like many, money is tight right now.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:52 PM

I found this onGuideposts.organd thought you might enjoy it.http://tinyurl.com/n842heo

click on FREE e-books to see what they offer. ENJOY!