• For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos >
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos

• Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos

Old 03-23-2014, 01:54 PM

My Mum's 319 has that box (1958) so yes it is original

Valerekat
    Old 03-25-2014, 06:41 AM

Well...it sure is a clean machine! I think that Mark is onto something. Maybe it was used to make, or reinforce the toes of socks, und das is zer gut. (That's all I can remember from my high school German class...LOL)

~ Cindy
    Old 03-25-2014, 08:30 AM

Default My New Bernina...A Long Awaited Addition

I've been wanting an old Bernina forever and finally picked one up. I love the stitch regulator and the oversized light. I paid a little more than I usually do for a machine, but it came with the case and the accessories...and it's green. I had to have it.

~ Cindy
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	2738
Size:	304.7 KB
ID:	468921   Click image for larger version

Name:	close up front.jpg
Views:	2064
Size:	313.9 KB
ID:	468922   Click image for larger version

Name:	top view.jpg
Views:	2029
Size:	229.9 KB
ID:	468923  
    Old 03-25-2014, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by tropit
    I've been wanting an old Bernina forever and finally picked one up.
    ~ Cindy
    I think I have to have one, also. What model number should I look for?
    Old 03-25-2014, 07:56 PM

Congrats on your new Bernina! I'd want one too. That's a very cool stitch regulator.
    Rodney
    Old 03-29-2014, 02:53 PM

Ron,

I don't know all of the model numbers for the old Bernina's. I think that this one is a 130. I know that the 117s are highly sought after and there are earlier models. I don't think they did that fancy stitch regulator after the 1960s and most were from around the 30s.

Update: OK, I wasn't going to vent. Really, I wasn't. I even took a full day and lost myself in trying to play my violin to distract myself. The long awaited Bernina arrived last night. The small, taped together box was soaking wet and falling apart. When I picked up the machine, water literally poured out of it. The base and case are completely smashed, the junction box is in pieces and I only found part of the bobbin case floating in the box. There was no protective padding around the machine, (however, they did pad up the accessories...thanks,) no box within a box, no foam, peanuts or otherwise, no plastic bag to prevent moisture from coming in. All this after I contacted the Ebay seller and kindly directed her to the Ebay guide for packing sewing machines and told her how common it was for machines to arrive damaged. In one ear, out the other. :::sigh::: It's salvageable, but it will take some doing. I'm hoping the motor still runs after all the moisture. The case and plug will have to be rebuilt. I know...I'm preaching to the choir. Thanks for listening. Now, back to sawing on the fiddle.
    ~ Cindy
    Old 03-29-2014, 03:19 PM

Excuse me, my mind was not in the same universe as my fingers. This one is a 117. (130 is a modern machine.) Anyway, the 117 came in green and black, as far as I know.
    ~ C
    Old 03-29-2014, 05:49 PM

Cindy,
    That's just heart breaking! I hope you can repair your Bernina.
    Sharon
    Old 03-29-2014, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by tropit
    Ron,

I don't know all of the model numbers for the old Bernina's. I think that this one is a 130. I know that the 117s are highly sought after and there are earlier models. I don't think they did that fancy stitch regulator after the 1960s and most were from around the 30s.

Update: OK, I wasn't going to vent. Really, I wasn't. I even took a full day and lost myself in trying to play my violin to distract myself. The long awaited Bernina arrived last night. The small, taped together box was soaking wet and falling apart. When I picked up the machine, water literally poured out of it. The base and case are completely smashed, the junction box is in pieces and I only found part of the bobbin case floating in the box. There was no protective padding around the machine, (however, they did pad up the accessories...thanks,) no box within a box, no foam, peanuts or otherwise, no plastic bag to prevent moisture from coming in. All this after I contacted the Ebay seller and kindly directed her to the Ebay guide for packing sewing machines and told her how common it was for machines to arrive damaged. In one ear, out the other. :::sigh::: It's salvageable, but it will take some doing. I'm hoping the motor still runs after all the moisture. The case and plug will have to be rebuilt. I know...I'm preaching to the choir. Thanks for listening. Now, back to sawing on the fiddle.
    ~ Cindy
    Are you talking about the sweet green machine pictured a few posts above? If so, I hope you are filing some sort of a claim, against the seller, with eBay.
    Old 03-30-2014, 04:27 AM

Yes Mark, sad but true. How could someone so blatantly ship such a beautiful item off like that? It's sitting by the stove drying out and every time I walk by it I want to cry. I'm thinking of bathing it in Evaporust as a preventative.

I emailed the seller, but no response. I will definitely file a claim.

~ Cindy