Boom 12 - SHORT & SWEET

Old 04-01-2014, 12:09 AM

I'm so sorry, Joan.

Just finished the first block for this swap. It's for Terriamn, and it's called "Treasure Box". I used my shiny new Angle Play templates to make it. Still learning to use them. Those of you with the Angle Play book who notice a slight discrepancy between my block and theirs, don't laugh! I just figured out that the little triangles in the pattern diagram are pointed in specific ways for a reason. Thank goodness this block worked "backwards". I had a huge PANIC MOMENT until I realized I could flip the pieces around. WHEW. I guess technically it would be called "Reverse Treasure Box"! Anyway, hope you like it, Terri.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]469619[/ATTACH]

While I'm at it, here's a side swap block I just made, also using the Angle Play templates. It's called "Tiger Eye".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]469620[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	block-terriamn.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	377.1 KB
ID:	469619   Click image for larger version

Name:	block-sideswap.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	436.6 KB
ID:	469620  

Last edited by moonrise; 04-01-2014 at 12:21 AM.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:59 AM

Joan so sorry to hear of your family member! The waiting game is tough on all involved. It sounds like you have had that "balance" that is often talked about with your addition to your fabric stash. That will take your mind off things a bit. Plus making fun blocks for your fellow swappers.

Moonrise, I love the blocks you posted. It looks like that Angle play technique creates some beautiful patterns.

i can't wait to get started with my collection of F8s. Have many items in the works but will fit them in.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:01 AM

Sending healing thoughts to you and your family Joan. It's a hard thing to deal with for sure.
Got my package yesterday with all the little bundles. Now the choices begin.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:12 AM

Joan so sorry that you're facing this. I will certainly keep you and your family in my prayers.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:35 AM

Libster, a question about your fabric. You mention you want ecru.To my mind, ecru is a pretty light color, lighter than your fabric, so do you want us to use ecru or do you want us to match the background of your fabric? I just want to make sure your idea of ecru and mine are similar. Let me know at your convenience. Thanks!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:30 AM

Moonrise, beautiful blocks! I love your fabric choices and of course, the Angle Play blocks! So glad they are working out for you! And yeah, sometimes you have to cut with the fabric face down for the mirror image pieces and sometimes face up. Hope that makes sense! Or, if ya use batiks it doesn't matter! The pieces can go either way!
Old 04-01-2014, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Libster, a question about your fabric. You mention you want ecru.To my mind, ecru is a pretty light color, lighter than your fabric, so do you want us to use ecru or do you want us to match the background of your fabric? I just want to make sure your idea of ecru and mine are similar. Let me know at your convenience. Thanks!
I would prefer it to match the background of my fabric. I guess I was thinking ecru was a darker shade. Thanks for asking.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:28 PM

Thank you Libster. Maybe it is darker than I think, but my long-term hobby background is in cross-stitch where DMC's thread 'ecru' is not too terribly much darker than white. Glad i asked.

Stitched my first block today for Themamahauser. (Will post a pic when I have a couple done.) As soon as I saw her fabric I knew just what to make. Now I'm trying to get ideas for all the rest!
Originally Posted by Libster View Post
I would prefer it to match the background of my fabric. I guess I was thinking ecru was a darker shade. Thanks for asking.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:42 PM

For annt59. It's called "Keep Right".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]469708[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	block-annt59.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	399.8 KB
ID:	469708  
Old 04-01-2014, 04:56 PM

Moonrise love the block thanks

Terriamn