Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Obsessed quilter - literally designing quilts in my sleep >

Obsessed quilter - literally designing quilts in my sleep

Obsessed quilter - literally designing quilts in my sleep

Old 03-31-2014, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by wolph33 View Post
I make so many quilts in my dreams and they are far superior to what I am really capable of doing.
Sing it sister.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:14 AM

Can you think of anything better to dream about? I don't want an answer to that question :-)
Old 04-01-2014, 03:28 AM

Thats awesome...you should write the story down (so you dont forget) and include it with the quilt.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:40 AM

Won't grandma be so proud? How special for her and you. And yes, I do that quite a lot. When my neice was expecting her 2nd child I just had to make her this baby quilt. We went on vacation with the whole family and she got the baby quilt. She said it was so special to her because her grandmother had just died and she always gave baby quilts to her grands and this baby would have been the first without a quilt from grandma. There's a reason we have these insightful dreams.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:15 AM

Yes, I agree with Emma. PLEASE post your progress. How about starting with photos of your fabrics? Your pattern?
Old 04-01-2014, 06:53 AM

How cool, wish my dreams were that productive. Can hardly wait to see pictures of it and grandma.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:37 AM

Guess that's why they advise you to "sleep on it"! I have put a problem aside for a day or so and dreamed about it and found the solution in my dreams more than once.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:34 AM

It seems like all the time my mind is going to either the quilt project I'm working on or one I'm planning. It's what I think about going to sleep, when I wake up and even in my dreams. I'm currently working on a quilt using fabric I won in my guild's quarter yard raffle and it is something totally unlike I've ever made before - very contemporary. I'm more of a repro 30's traditional type quilter so was amused at your comment as to how that is so different from your style. It's good I think to venture out occasionally.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
Yes, I agree with Emma. PLEASE post your progress. How about starting with photos of your fabrics? Your pattern?
I will have to do so! My lofty plans to have the fabric all prewashed and cut by now have fallen through, LOL. Shhh, don't tell, but most of my posts are from taking little breaks at work, so I'll have to go home & take some pictures. I have an EQ7 layout I can post too. It's VERY SIMPLE though, not terribly exciting. Just big blocks set on point.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by lclang View Post
Guess that's why they advise you to "sleep on it"! I have put a problem aside for a day or so and dreamed about it and found the solution in my dreams more than once.
I'm a programmer for a living, so MOST of the time I'm dreaming about work and writing programs in my sleep! (Some of which are hilariously fanciful - I once dreamt up a program that would control where my dogs would poop in the yard)

Dreaming about quilts is a lot more fun!