Boom 12 - SHORT & SWEET

Old 04-08-2014, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
You know how life has a way of throwing surprises at you. I had just been commenting that this was the best part of life. We had our helath, fun toys and finacially coupld splurge here and there. THEN company meeting and departments from our company are going to merge with Sister company. Jobs will be lost, people will be retrained and some might have to move out of state to keep their job. My entire department will be leaving for sure and my dh also works their as Logistics manager and we don't know anything about his job yet. Change occurs in November and I plan to retire in April, hubby has 10 years till retirement. We both made it through a buy out and major lay offs 12 years ago and are just plain shoocked by this turn of events. Trying to be positive but really just non stop crying. Terriamn
Terriamn,

I am always lurking in the "wings" to see what my QB friends are up to. I was just admiring all these beautiful blocks when I came across your post. This life can be so darn "messy" and things always seem to run off into the rhubarb patch just when we think we can take one hand off the wheel! I know your fear and disappointment. Three generations of our families have been seriously affected by the changing economy that began in 2008. Lost jobs, homes, retirement savings.....didn't seem fair! We are a hard-working bunch! Seemed to be harder on the men in the family! But we have all come through it....learning to reach out to each other and help all we can! In many ways we have grown up and grown closer....and have finally learned to allow disappointment to come and then overcome! As for me, I have been blessed by a creator who always shows up to answer prayers, to show me how to build the bridge to get through the rhubarb patch. For that I am eternally grateful. I will be praying for guidance for you! And for a strengthing bond of love and encouragement for you and your family.

Bee
Old 04-09-2014, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
As for my making 2 blocks, some of you said "do you want to do 2"? So I hope you remember that you were making 2 for me also. .
Oh Jaba I am sorry! I didn't see where you wanted two blocks. I only made one and used every bit of your fabric.
What is the name brand of the fabric and the name of the fabric? Maybe one of my local stores has some.
Anyway, I do apologize.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:07 AM

I love it, Libster! Thanks so much!

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
As for my making 2 blocks, some of you said "do you want to do 2"? So I hope you remember that you were making 2 for me also....
I must've missed that conversation somehow. I just made one block for everyone, and only have a little bit of your F8 left, but if you're making two blocks for me, I'll try to come up with a second block for you. There's really not much of the F8 left, though, after I cut it to make four 4-1/2" HSTs and ten 2-1/2" squares for the Jacob's Ladder block.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:32 AM

Bluelady, I've made a "Wandering Star" for you. I liked it so much, I made myself another one from this pattern. Hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0625 (2).JPG
Views:	269
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	470860  
Old 04-09-2014, 08:34 AM

This one is mine.

Name:	100_0628 (2).JPG
Views:	272
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	470863  
Old 04-09-2014, 10:09 AM

wow! Libster, I love it! and the purple fabrics look great with it. Just what I wanted!!
Old 04-09-2014, 03:54 PM

Jaba, I did make you two but my tech support is pooping out on me so all blocks are not in albumn...
Old 04-09-2014, 06:26 PM

My block for the night: Twirling Rosebuds for Jaba.

Name:	boom 12 001 (627x640).jpg
Views:	247
Size:	362.5 KB
ID:	470982  
Old 04-10-2014, 05:40 AM

Don't fret all of you about 2 blocks. Those were talked about on PM messages. There were just some of us that agreed we'd make 2 for each other. I didn't really plan on making everyone 2, I just got on a roll and kept going. If you want to make me 2 of coarse you can but--- seriously if you have a usable amount left, I would like the fabric back so I can maybe combine scraps and make a few more. Love the rosebuds, thank you Kats.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:05 AM

Default Clearing up any confusion: Swap is for one block ONLY!

Good morning S&Ss,
Some confusion has arisen over how many blocks are required in this Boom. ONLY ONE BLOCK IS REQUIRED. However, if you made special arrangements with anyone through pm's or emails outside of this forum, it's your responsibility to follow through. If in doubt, please review your pms and emails to see if you agreed to swap multiple blocks so that everyone feels they've been treated fairly. I cannot enforce any side arrangements you made but I surely don't want anyone to feel short-changed or feel pushed into making more than one block when that isn't what they originally signed up for!

If anyone has any further questions, please address them to me personally by either pm or email at [email protected]. Thank you swappers!