Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
White Rotary Owners: Please help >

White Rotary Owners: Please help

White Rotary Owners: Please help

Old 04-15-2014, 01:59 PM

Ahhh, thank you all so much. I have the same picture from the manual, but I was having problems seeing where L was on the manual picture. I think I see it now. I'll have to try it out and see how it goes.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:38 AM

Awesome, thank you all so much. I got it all threaded and tried it out...perfect tension. The only thing I need to do now is clean the uptake arm really well. My white thread was turning brown. Eww.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:54 AM

Your thread will eventually turn back to white. Just keep sewing......

CD in Oklahoma
Old 04-16-2014, 09:23 AM

You men are wonderful (at least, I hope you are all men) to help Alaskahsm out. And, BTW, it is great to see you back and watching us so closely, J Miller. I am one of the ladies who missed you real bad a few weeks ago, but seeing you back most every day answering questions makes my cruising the board interesting every morning.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by oldtnquiltinglady View Post
You men are wonderful (at least, I hope you are all men) to help Alaskahsm out. And, BTW, it is great to see you back and watching us so closely, J Miller. I am one of the ladies who missed you real bad a few weeks ago, but seeing you back most every day answering questions makes my cruising the board interesting every morning.
Nope not a man,JoAnn. I like to tinker with old sewing machines and get them sewing again.
Sharon in Texas
Old 04-16-2014, 12:14 PM

Round Rock, Texas--of all places. DH and I once lived in Round Rock, but I can't remember the name of the subdivision any more--sometime during the 80s--he was stationed at Bergstrom when he retired and went to work for the State Comptroller. Sweet memory moment here.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Alaskahsm View Post
I have a "new" White Rotary treadle and I got her all cleaned up and running smoothly. The only problem I am having it to get it threaded and the bobbin wound. I have the manual, but I am a very visual learner and the manual makes no sense to me. Would any of you White owners be willing to take a video of you threading your machine and winding the bobbin? I would REALLY appreciate it.
There is a YouTube video that shows how to thread one just type in(threading a white rotary sewing machine) it should be of help