Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
It's April 16th and we are still dealing with bad weather >

It's April 16th and we are still dealing with bad weather

It's April 16th and we are still dealing with bad weather

Old 04-16-2014, 06:10 PM

It is snowing here right now! Been snowing off and on all day...almost 6" so far...everything had melted, and the tulips were breaking through! Supposed to be 47 tomorrow. Hopefully "sprinter" won't be here too long! DH had to put the pickup in 4WD to get home once he left the county road and headed up the side streets!
Old 04-17-2014, 02:00 AM

same here in Lehigh valley pa we had a few nice days but can't seem to keep my winter clothes put away for the season I believe we are gonna jump right into hot weather turn the heat off put the ac on
Old 04-17-2014, 03:25 AM

It is 6:15 AM. Yesterday we had blizzard conditions in St. Paul, but most of it has melted. Snowed last night and there is a dusting on the ground, but it also rained, so I don't know what the streets and sidewalks are doing. But, we do not let it bother us at all -- No, No, No! Because on Wednesday it is going to be in the 70's!!!! Typical Minnesota. Can't complain anymore. Have done my complaining, actually, I quit in December sometime. Nothing you can do about it and you know the sun is going rise in the east in the morning and we just take it from there.

The only sad thing is that I had a deck built in last week. It was done this past Saturday. It has rocking chairs on the deck. I have sewing to do out there and it is killing me having to stay in the house because it is the middle of April and it is 28 degrees outside right now!!!!!!!! But I am NOT complaining. Maybe I'll complain when it is 98 degrees here and super humid. Naw, I love hot weather. One thing for sure, I put away the shovels and I'll be doggoned if I will bring them out again. And I packed the winter jackets away and refuse to take them out again.

Have a great day. Edie
Old 04-17-2014, 05:14 AM

I have a christmas cactus in my office and it's blooming, poor thing is confused as to what season it is
Old 04-17-2014, 06:01 AM

Default April 17 in Rhinelander Wisconsin

This is what we woke up to this morning. Still have more falling.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	April 17 web.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	471949  
Old 04-17-2014, 06:10 AM

Here in central MN, we had at least a foot of snow. Couldn't get out of drive this am. My hubby blew out the driveway, but I'm staying put, as the roads are icy. Good day to sew.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:32 AM

Well, just remember that it IS still April. Our frost deadline is May 12, so there is still time for winter to hang around.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Normabeth View Post
Went out to my car this morning and it's frozen over, the grass and plants are all covered in a light dusting of snow.
Is this April or January? I thought we were done with all cold and bad weather in NJ since it reached 80 this past weekend. What is going on with Mother Nature?
Repeat this mantra: "There is no such thing as climate change and even if there is, humans had nothing to do with it."
That will solve Mother Nature's problems and make us all feel better as we continue to trash our little space ship as it whirls along in space. froggyintexas
Old 04-17-2014, 04:15 PM

Everything was 2 hours late around here this morning. The snow was wet and heavy. It was snowy and windy all day yesterday. Must of had about 8" of snow. All of the snow was gone until yesterday.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by FroggyinTexas View Post
Repeat this mantra: "There is no such thing as climate change and even if there is, humans had nothing to do with it."
Yep, that's why SE Michigan (Detroit metro area) beat the 1880-1881 record for snowfall in one winter -- by 1.5". We got about 95 inches this year. What was the excuse in 1880? Steam engines? I know the climate is changing some, people may be responsible -- but sometimes I wonder how all the previous climate changes happened, the glacial ages, etc. when there weren't people with cars around. My grandfather always said "It's just like the bible, 7 good years and 7 bad." This was a bad year. We've had some fair ones lately, so am going to make sure the snow blowers works next year!