Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January 2010 Doll Quilt Swap -  Partners Assigned Page 24 >

January 2010 Doll Quilt Swap - Partners Assigned Page 24

January 2010 Doll Quilt Swap - Partners Assigned Page 24

Old 12-20-2009, 04:51 PM

Thank you, I'm just getting over a bout of the flu, bout has it taken me down. I think this will be fun, won't start till after the holidays, but that's ok, was making a snowmen wall hanging, my son cut all the pieces for me.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-60615.jpe
Views:	43
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	60615  
Old 12-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rymer
Originally Posted by Janis
Welcome Rymer and Mountainquilter. You both will be so happy you joined in on the fun. Doll quilts are so much fun and a lot quicker than a big one. They are especially fun to receive from another quilter.
thank you! I'm nervous of my quilting skills....they aren't that good but I'll try my best! whoever is my partner, just know there's a lot of love in the quilt and look beyond all the blunders!! LOL
Rymer as I have said many times we all started somewhere and with the possible exception of Eddie LOL we all had blunders when we started. You can't expect to be able to run before you walk. We all admire and appreciate all the quilts no matter what your skill level. You are sending a piece of yourself with the quilt and that is all we look for. It is a joy to be able to encourage those who are starting out and it is fun for all to see new ideas we haven't thought of! So feel good about joining us because you have something unique to share and we want to see it!!
Old 12-20-2009, 05:42 PM

Rhonda said it very well! My sentiments exactly!!
Old 12-20-2009, 06:13 PM
Power Poster

Woo Hoo more newcomers!!! :D:D:D
Rhonda spelled it out very well 8-)8-)8-)
The whole point is to have fun and get to know each other a little better :D:D:D
Old 12-20-2009, 07:33 PM
Power Poster

It pays to remind ourselves of why we quilt. We do it to enrich the lives of those around us and that is the spirit of this swap and I so appreciate Chele for all the work she does on our behalf!!!

You are to be commended Chele for all the love and joy you have brought to all of us!! I know it has been said but it bears repeating! Thank you Chele for all you do!! You give the beginners a chance to feel good about themselves and you give those who are more experienced a chance to play and extend a helping hand to others!! Love it and am so glad I decided to join the Doll Quilt Brigade!!!LOL
Old 12-20-2009, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by buddy'smom
Thank you, I'm just getting over a bout of the flu, bout has it taken me down. I think this will be fun, won't start till after the holidays, but that's ok, was making a snowmen wall hanging, my son cut all the pieces for me.
who's in the picture??? Very beautiful child...:)
Old 12-20-2009, 08:40 PM

You are very sweet Rhonda. Thank you for being such a great cheerleader and inspiration. And I love the "Doll Quilt Brigade!" That's us!

And for any of you on the fence, please join us! This swap is for quilters of all levels and you'll find plenty of help and suggestions right here on this board if you need it. There are tutorials, patterns, and best of all, support from fellow members.

If you're one of our esteemed pro quilters, join us for the fun and camaraderie. You have no idea how your quilts teach and inspire us all.

January 2010 is the biggest doll quilt swap to date. 72 swappers so far! Thanks for keeping my little vision going. Next up is world peace, so get ready! I know the Doll Quilt Brigade can do anything!
Old 12-20-2009, 08:42 PM

Thank you Rhonda for saying what you did. People like you and Chele, who started this whole doll quilt swap, (from what I have heard), or at least she organizes it, are the reason this board is such a nice and fun place to be. I haven't has as much fun on the net as I have since I joined this great group of quilters. Everyone is so nice and helpful and friendly. I love it here!!! So everyone who has helped anyone here, has given anyone a bit of praise or encouragement, told a joke or said anything nice to anyone else on here, this is for all of you too, not just the ones I mentioned. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Old 12-20-2009, 08:47 PM

Now we need badges that say "Doll Quilt Brigade" !!!!!
That would be fun! :) :)
Old 12-20-2009, 08:50 PM
Power Poster

Thank you Chele and Janis. It takes all of us to make this a great place to be!