Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January 2010 Doll Quilt Swap -  Partners Assigned Page 24 >

January 2010 Doll Quilt Swap - Partners Assigned Page 24

January 2010 Doll Quilt Swap - Partners Assigned Page 24

Old 12-20-2009, 08:57 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janis
Now we need badges that say "Doll Quilt Brigade" !!!!!
That would be fun! :) :)
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
Old 12-20-2009, 08:59 PM
Power Poster

We ought to see if we could have a tag added to our avatar that says We belong to the Doll Quilt Brigade! Under where he has the "a regular here" or Doll Quilt Brigade member!
Old 12-20-2009, 09:19 PM

I agree!!!!!
Old 12-20-2009, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Originally Posted by buddy'smom
Thank you, I'm just getting over a bout of the flu, bout has it taken me down. I think this will be fun, won't start till after the holidays, but that's ok, was making a snowmen wall hanging, my son cut all the pieces for me.
who's in the picture??? Very beautiful child...:)
Thank you, thats my Granddaughter Rayna. Rhonda thank you as well, I do agree we all started somewhere and if you'd only seen my begginers?? I'm really excited about this swap, will do my best for sure. Thanks everyone!!!
Old 12-21-2009, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by amma
Woo Hoo more newcomers!!! :D:D:D
Rhonda spelled it out very well 8-)8-)8-)
The whole point is to have fun and get to know each other a little better :D:D:D
thanks everyone! I'm very excited about this! I keep looking at all these little quilts and I think they are the cutest things! I can't wait to sit down and plan what mine will be like. I just had my sewing machine cleaned so I hope she's running just fine when I start!
Old 12-21-2009, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Janis
I agree!!!!!

I agree, too! :-D
Old 12-21-2009, 06:06 AM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

I am so glad I decided to come off the fence and jump in. This is myh first one but not my last for sure. And although I am a novice at best this doll quilt challenge has my mind full of ideas. Especially since there is a theme which helps me out. I always have a hard time with design and being a visual learner I get my ideas from seeing other projects.
I just want to thank all of you who are so encouraging and supportive of those of us that are just beginning and having the patience to see us thru our projects. I am like many who feel that even though we do not really know each other there is a bond of friendship on here that we sometimes do not find in our own life. I am fortunate to have my BFF as my quilting buddy but I have made friendships on here that I will be forever thankful for.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:29 AM
Power Poster

Chele....72 so far!!! Thats fantastic!! Yes, the Doll quilt Brigade...thats a good one!

Rhonda, your sentiments are spot on!
Old 12-21-2009, 10:28 AM
Power Poster

Thank you everyone. I have said it before but it bears repeating to remind us all we are in this together to share the ups and the downs of quilting and everything in between!

And to those who are newbies I repeat another statement I have made before. We the more experienced quilters have just as many frustrations and things that go wrong as you do! You are not alone when you want to tear your hair out and throw the quilting in the closet not to see the light of day again for a long long time if ever!!!! LOL LOL
We just pick up the pieces and start over. Being experienced doesn't mean everything goes smoothly!! It just means we have learned a lot more ways to goof up!!! LOL LOL

So if you are on the fence as to whether or not you feel comfortable joining us in the swaps please jump in the waters and have a good time! You won't regret it!
We love to share with everyone! The more the merrier as they say!! Maybe we might reach 100 people! What do ya think Chele? :) :)
Old 12-22-2009, 10:21 AM

January 2010 is the biggest doll quilt swap to date. 72 swappers so far! Thanks for keeping my little vision going. Next up is world peace, so get ready! I know the Doll Quilt Brigade can do anything![/quote]

Chele -- Thank YOU for having your "little vision". The way the group is going, we already have world "pieces". Your vision has given all of us inspiration, fun, and a special connection to each other.