Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 04-27-2014, 05:30 PM

Mamahen: Your last round is perfect, love your choice of light blue. What a treat for the fabric lovers in all of us. As far as I'm concerned there just isn't enough rust in the world! Hope: Started to say how much I LOVE how your quilt is turning out but that is to much of a pun even for me. That last round pulls the eye back in towards the center and really puts it in the spotlight. Great choice.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:36 PM

Hope to quilt, yours is turning out really nice. I plan on using that piano type border on one of my next quilts. I think it is neat.

Thank all for the kind words.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:03 AM

These are all looking great! I've got to get this month's border on but have been busy with outdoor stuff & other projects. Still haven't made up my mind on which border & then I have to pick the fabric- Okay, just thinking about it makes me stress
Old 04-28-2014, 05:09 AM

Hope to Quilt: That is very pretty and the corners add a dimension of interest.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:47 AM

I really like that floating piano key border. Wasn't it easy? I loved that there are no seams to match up or points to worry about.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by jillmc View Post
I am not really one to give up on projects, so decided to add the ribbon border...and guess shat? I like it! Lol!

Need to rework the corners now that i see them in the pic...baby steps!
That is a beautiful center medallion and will be very interesting to see what else you do with it.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:48 AM

Hope-your quilt is so pretty! Love that piano key border!

I need to un-squarify my quilt...playing with ideas on EQ...if nothing else, this quilt has helped me become more familiar with EQ!....I need to get some of that pink back into the mix...boy do I wish I had changed the background of the applique to white or cream...ohwell. Next time! Ha.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	medallion progress updated.BMP
Views:	544
Size:	1,011.5 KB
ID:	473431  
Old 04-28-2014, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by jillmc View Post
Hope-your quilt is so pretty! Love that piano key border!

I need to un-squarify my quilt...playing with ideas on EQ...if nothing else, this quilt has helped me become more familiar with EQ!....I need to get some of that pink back into the mix...boy do I wish I had changed the background of the applique to white or cream...ohwell. Next time! Ha.
I think that looks great! NO, NO, the pink in the background works.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:23 PM

I love that pink in the center! and those quilts all those quilts!!!! are amazing I love this forum. It has provided me with such a fun learning adventure and its really nice to see a few of both of our rounds used as well as a ton of your own rounds! makes me go.. I need to do that one and this one.. and of course a bit of that would look great on..

Turning your quilt into a rectangle is easy. There are so many options open to you. You can do a 2.5 inch round or a 4.5 inch round on the sides and a 6.5 inch round on the top. say if its a set of blocks.. you can do one or two 2.5 inch blocks on the sides but a triple stack on top and bottom. another options is to do a small round of say two strips on the sides but do a couple rounds top and bottom. Instantly your quilt gets longer real fast. so it can turn form a square into a rectangle. Its all up to you. This time I will turn mine into a rectangle too so it can fit on my grand child's bed. so single row on the side and triple on the top and bottom for me. I am excited to show you what I made on my first excursion with the 20 block grand disaster. great blocks lol just not right for my quilt. I will be a bit late posting pictures of my second adventure due to moving on the 1st. running out of time and energy!
Old 04-30-2014, 04:30 PM

Progress this week...finally!! I have the blocks together, but you can tell not sewn on the middle yet. I will add the 1" light green and then the size will be good for a 6" border next.

I was doing good keeping track of posts with border suggestions, but lost my list...can someone post again which post numbers each round are listed on? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03409.JPG
Views:	369
Size:	208.8 KB
ID:	473760