Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Wizard v EQ7 - help please for a newbie quilter >

Quilt Wizard v EQ7 - help please for a newbie quilter

Quilt Wizard v EQ7 - help please for a newbie quilter

Old 04-30-2014, 07:01 PM

happylab, it's on their facebook, posted on Apr 18th.
Not sure what to expect, hope to learn alot.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:09 PM

If I got EQ7 I would never never have enough time to quilt. Between The board and that My DH would never get another meal or clean cloths. I admire all of you that can do all this. It sure would be nice to just design your own and never buy a pattern again.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:27 PM

Toni's info does not say where she lives. You can find EQ classes in the bigger cities. I have toyed with the idea of buying EQ but fear it would be like that serger I HAD to have and never use. I received Block Base as a gift. It is an EQ product and plug-in. It has hundreds of public-domain blocks. Can resize, group different blocks into a project, print foundations if you want to paper piece it and a lot of other function. I use it a few times a year.

A couple of times a year I will be doing something and think 'I bet EQ could help me here.' am I am tempted to go buy it. Then I look at the serger!

I agree with the poster who said quilt for a few years then decide if you want it.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:09 AM

I have had EQ5, EQ6 and now EQ7. I just really started to learn it after buying the EQ with Me: Pieced Drawing and EQ with Me: Quilt Design Books, at the 2013 International Quilt Festival in Houston. I am slow at retaining new pc programs so it is taking me longer than it might take others. For me, it will never take the place of a well written pattern. EQ gives you templates, cutting sizes and yardages, but NO directions on how to put the blocks together. You have to know the basics about sewing the blocks together. Having said that, I would really hate to give it up because I really enjoy designing a quilt and seeing the outcome. I have several I have posted to the QB in different posts. I haven't made any of them yet, but I'm getting to the point where I like what I am seeing.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by happylab View Post
I was wondering how do we sign up for the sew along you mentioned for the EQ7? I was on the site yesterday, and was only able to see where to buy the EQ7. I own the software, so I just want to sign up for the sew along. Does it cost anything to sign up? Any info would be helpful.
I looked for it and found it at:
http://doyoueq.com/blog/2014/04/eq7-...-announcement/
I am going to try and follow this. It can only help me.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:46 AM

Thank-you barb in LA and Amethystmtn for the info. I will try to follow along with this sew along. Hopefully I will learn how to use my EQ-7. First I have to get my hubby off his computer, or update our older computer. I'll probably try that. Then we can be on it together.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:49 AM

I have both. I was really surprised at how much Quilt Wizard will do for the frugal price. I love EQ7 too It does any thing you can imagine. (had to shelve it for awhile because I switched to a Mac. Will upgrade soon.)

Quilt Wizard has way less learning curve great for beginners then you can move to EQ7 when you need more.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz View Post
If I got EQ7 I would never never have enough time to quilt. Between The board and that My DH would never get another meal or clean cloths. I admire all of you that can do all this. It sure would be nice to just design your own and never buy a pattern again.
I can relate. I spend more time designing than I do quilting. I don't see it as negative because I hope to sell designs one day (I sell my scrapbook clip art now).