Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
AccuQuilt Go versus Sizzix Big Shot for ease of use >

AccuQuilt Go versus Sizzix Big Shot for ease of use

AccuQuilt Go versus Sizzix Big Shot for ease of use

Old 05-05-2014, 12:09 PM

Default AccuQuilt Go versus Sizzix Big Shot for ease of use

Hi everyone:

I currently have the go and find it difficult to crank. I was wondering if anyone has used both of these products and can tell me if the Sizzix is easier crank and use. I was cutting scraps and ended up with pain in my elbow and had to go get a shot to ease the pain and swelling. Don't want to have that happen again.

Thanks for your help.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Power Poster

Just a couple of questions. How many layers of fabric were you cutting? If multiples, you might want to try a smaller number of layers. If the die has a straight line cut, you don't want to feed that into the machine where that blade is perfectly parallel to the roller. Most of the dies are placed on the die block on an angle to avoid this. If possible (and it's not always possible) feed the die in at a slight angle. And lastly, how high was the cutter positioned? Too high or too low will cause problems. Also, the GO does seem to loosen up a bit thru use.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:52 PM

How long had you been working on the GO?????? The above hints are perfect advice. Do you think maybe that there was an underlying problem that surfaced when you did the repetitive action of cranking. I have a GO, have had for over 2 yes...do not use daily, but do use it consistently...when I do, it is for several hours, fortunately I do not have any arthritic problems, so I do not end up in pain, just happy I was able to get project done quickly and accurately. Hope your physical problem will be short-lived. Don't anything about the Sizzix.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:41 PM

I have had the Go and now have the Big shot pro. I think the Big shot is easier to turn and you can use the Go dies as well as Sizzix dies.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:02 PM
Power Poster

I have the Go. I haven't had a problem cranking it. I have it sitting at on a low table. That keeps me from lifting my shoulder when cranking. A guild member is a physical therapist and she came to my house and set everything up for me to be ergoish. I can tell a big difference. I can sew all day and not have back or neck aches. She got a great Christmas gift from me that year. LOL
Old 05-05-2014, 06:18 PM

When I first got my Go I had the same reaction. It seemed I was going to be building muscles instead of cutting fabric. And I was a bit upset because I did try the one on display a few times before buying. After reading on this site to give it time and it would get easier, it did. It helped that I put it on a sturdy table, low enough to make it comfortable and it got a lot easier.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:44 AM

Hasn't GO changed their internal design a bit? The newer ones are easier to crank. I really like my GO cutter and use it all the time. It's a great scrap-busting tool.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:28 AM

What did I do before I bought my GO......had a lot of oops! Now perfect! New die- for hand piecing ---hexie with fab and pattern on one die...great...hoping they expand this idea!
Old 10-14-2014, 04:39 AM

that is what I was told too but I bought on of the smaller go dys and it will not work in my machine so I am sitting here with a 25.00 dye that I can't use. I brought both back to joanns and she said they had to give me the lowest price because I did not have my receipt she gave me ten dollars on one and I stopped her on the second one. I told her I would trade it off to someone before I would loose that much on them. if anyone is interested in a go dye cat I would love a sizzix applique dye .
Old 10-15-2014, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by cbjlinda View Post
that is what I was told too but I bought on of the smaller go dys and it will not work in my machine so I am sitting here with a 25.00 dye that I can't use. I brought both back to joanns and she said they had to give me the lowest price because I did not have my receipt she gave me ten dollars on one and I stopped her on the second one. I told her I would trade it off to someone before I would loose that much on them. if anyone is interested in a go dye cat I would love a sizzix applique dye .
I think GO dies will work on your Sizzix machine but you have to use some sort of shim....there has been discussion on that previously - check the archives....unless you are saying the die is too wide for your machine...unclear