Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Craftsy classes >

Craftsy classes

Craftsy classes

Old 05-25-2014, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I just don't understand why quilters don't sign up for classes at your local quilt store. And then I see post of these stores closing. I could NOT log on to Craftsy that last time I tried. Don't know if it was a technical problem with their servers or what. Sorry, I don't mean to be negative.
If only. There's no quilt store near me and I can't really justify driving over an hour for a class when I can take one online. That said, I find it hard to sit long enough to watch a craftsy class. I get too impatient.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:52 AM

I have about eleven classes in my account and I love them all. I learned something from each one. My favorite was by JoAnn Figioria. I love the four blocks she showed and have watched more than once. I want to mKe her spool quilt soon.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:29 AM

I have taken classes both ways local shops and craftsy I prefer craftsy as it is always there for refreshing as I am slow in a class room and never finish and get lost along the way with craftsy I can go at my own pace relaxed and if I get tired can go back later and pick it up I do want to take some more quilting classes but I really loved that free motion embroidery by machine
Old 05-26-2014, 04:53 AM

I just popped in to say - franc36, you sound like one awesome lady and a great role model for quilters!! You go girl.

And since this thread is really about Craftsy - I love it. Won't repeat what others have already said. I have taken many, many classes and usually watch something from Craftsy every night on my Kindle Fire, propped up on my nightstand. Hey, it's way better than most of what's on TV these days.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:11 AM

Default craftsy

I tried the free classes first then ventured in to Bargello. I found the class taught by Karen Gibbs made bargello a fun way to do it! It was not intimidating and much easier than i expected.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Citigirl12020 View Post
I tried the free classes first then ventured in to Bargello. I found the class taught by Karen Gibbs made bargello a fun way to do it! It was not intimidating and much easier than i expected.
That's worth knowing, as I want to try bargello sometime. Thanks.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:37 AM

Check out a few of the free ones first!
Old 05-26-2014, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by CookyIN View Post
My videos run better when I turn off the High Definition, but I have a slower connection speed than some. If you hover your mouse toward the lower right beside the craftsy class video, a menu that includes "volume" and a couple other things will also have "HD". Click on that and it will switch to a non-HD video mode. Hope this helps!
Thank you. I will try this.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:46 AM

I have subscribed to almost all of the quilting classes. I can go to them anytime and the tutors usually take the time to answer questions and offer suggestions--as well as input from others in the class. There are no time limits--the class is yours forever. There is a place to download class materials to refer as you follow the class. I've especially lied the classes dealing with free motion.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:47 AM
Power Poster

I have 2 BOM classes, plus I purchased a PP class with Carol Doak. All the classes explained in detail how to proceed with each step and I've learned something new every time. I think what I like best is the fact that I can go back and revisit the class whenever I like and it's always there for me when I'm ready for it, even if it's midnight or 5 AM. Whether you take a free class or purchase one, I think you will be pleased with the classes.