Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Janome 8900 shopping >
  • Janome 8900 shopping

• Janome 8900 shopping

Old 05-26-2014, 02:50 AM

Default Janome 8900 shopping

I am shopping for a machine and visited a dealer. I have narrowed it down to Janome 8900 quilting machine based on the features and the reviews. What I am finding frustrating is how to know if I am getting a good price or even in the ballpark price wise. There doesn't seem to be any prices listed on line and dealers say come in the shop for a price. To visit multiple dealers in the area that I'm in would mean driving quite a distance. Would anyone who has this machine, or shopped for the machine recently be willing to share a ballpark price with me. Thanks
    Old 05-26-2014, 03:48 AM

I purchased mine with a trade in, so my numbers wont help. Will dealers give out prices over the phone?
    Old 05-26-2014, 04:49 AM

I would look on patternreview for prices but keep in mind prices vary by region, the best way to find prices for your area are to visit shops in your area.
    Old 05-26-2014, 04:54 AM

with a trade in you will get a better deal
    Are you willing to ship your machine somewhere for warranty repairs and service?
    Local dealers will not do warranty service on a machine you bought from someone else.

The price of anything is determined by what the seller and buyer come to an agreement upon.
    Your price will be the one you are happy with.
    Take your own fabric and visit a few dealers. Sew for awhile. Relax. Take home machine.
    Old 05-26-2014, 05:27 AM
    Power Poster

I have always found it better to buy from the dealer near by. If you have any problems or questions, or need it to be serviced, it is better to have a good relationship with the dealer closest to your home. I bought my Bernina 1530 at a local quilt show. They discount the price on DSM becuase the box has been opened.
    Old 05-26-2014, 07:04 AM

I bought my Janome 7700 from SewingMachinesPlus. There are no dealers close to me. I have had very good luck and recommend them. They gave me a fantastic deal. They threw in the $600 table for me.
    Old 05-26-2014, 09:07 AM

I had a Janome dealer tell me that she sells the 8900 for 30% below MSLP. One other dealer worked out a price over the phone. Keep in mind that the deal will go down just like buying a car. It used to be that if they let you walk out of the store, you've heard their lowest price. That doesn't always hold true anymore as they sometimes call on the phone a few days later offering to throw in something extra.
    Old 05-26-2014, 09:53 AM

I paid $2500.00 for mine without a trade-in. It was from a dealer out of state, but he is no longer permitted by Janome to ship the 8900. I really don't understand why sewing machine companies have those kind of practices. If a dealer is willing to sell for less, they should be able to. The best price I could find in Texas was $3600.00, and since the closest dealer is a 4 hour drive away, it really made no difference to me where I purchased it.
    Old 05-26-2014, 10:37 AM

I think they don't want dealers to undercut each other. I also believe that Janome dealers have their own territory to sell in. Some do sell online, though.
    Old 05-26-2014, 11:37 AM

I got my 8900 without a trade in for $2,500. I absoulutely love my new machine!!!