Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed >

BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed

BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed

Old 06-01-2014, 11:06 AM

Make sure you note your color preference in your individual F8 packages! (Pretty fabrics, btw!)
Originally Posted by Groovy Pieces View Post
. . . . this Boomerang.... . my request is simple: DARK BLUE. Only use Dark Blue, please. To those who get the one of the 2 'flowers': use DARK BLUE please. I know the fabric has a 'blackground' with brown to it, but, the dark blue will read well with the other blocks. I'm using those two blocks as (1) the corner units and (2) as the Medallion. Of course, I have loads to make the remaining corner blocks and the medallion center pieces for the Veterans' quilts I will create.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:06 AM

Not long now!!
Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
love all those fabrics groovey!.. Im not sure what the color is, probably has lots of names but i would call it a periwinkle. Fabrics are so hard to match if you don't have a sample in hand when you go to the fabric store....ive thought i knew what color i needed only to get home and find it didn't completely match! cant wait to get started!
Old 06-01-2014, 11:07 AM

OMG- I absolutely LOVE that 3rd piece,Groovy!
Old 06-01-2014, 11:08 AM

KID, you need to cut and send 38 only as you are in both groups and that's one less per group that you need.
Originally Posted by KatsKidinWI View Post
Oh boy, I need to cut some more! I have 29 ready to go but looks like I will need 40 for both groups...
Old 06-01-2014, 03:13 PM

ok I've been a little busy but finally caught up with everything. I see we will have roughly 20 in the slow group so I will have to change that fabric since I don't have enough for that many. Not a problem, I'll save it for a smaller group later and I have lots more fabric where that came from so I will just pick another one.
So I get to play with my fabrics tonight!!!
What a wonderful way to finish out the day!!!!!
Old 06-01-2014, 03:42 PM

Default T-Minus 24 Hours and Counting! Love Everyone's Fabric!

So much fun to see what everyone is doing with their fabric choices. Fabric is like candy for big girls....so many wonderful ones to choose, which one will it be? Groovy - I agree with you regarding the comic book card boards. I also learned about it from QB quilter and have all my fabric stored on them in my book cases. (Who needs book cases any more everything is on line... It makes all the difference in the world! I wrap even the smallest pieces possible...it really helped me better organize my scraps too. Love everyone's fabric. Can't wait to play.

Here is a preview of my final 20 fabrics. I decided on Christmas fabric. I have many fat quarters and left over pieces that will cut to an F8. So I chose 20 different ones. I have requested the 2 month group. Once I receive confirmation, I will send 19 packages to Janice with instructions that will say: No black, if choosing white variations, use the snowflake fabric provided, other wise happy "Christmas in July"! Here is a photo preview - Bee
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Boomerang  Lucky Thirteen Selection.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	477576  
Old 06-01-2014, 06:41 PM

Here is my fabric.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	405.1 KB
ID:	477593  
Old 06-01-2014, 08:14 PM

I have been helping my sis move from PA to OR since May 14 and on the road for the past 7 days.(driving her car with 2 cat) I do know what fabric I want. It is back in Oregon so have not been able to post pic of it, so I will say it will be a surprise to all with a note letting you know what I would like.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:33 AM

Default Boom 13 sign-ups are closed!

Good morning swappers! Sign-ups are closed and as promised, group size remains at 20 so everyone will need to cut 19 F8s per group. I do have people on a waiting list so anyone who wishes to drop, please let me know asap so I can put another person in your place.

Later today, I'll send out an email to each group separately so those of you in both groups will get two. Please hit 'reply' after you've read them so i know you've got the dates and my address.

Reminder! Please prepare your fabric properly. Pre-wash, press, de-selvege, cut into 18 x 11 inch pieces, press small to fit as flat as possible in small ziplocks, seal, label with your color requests and your names, and put inside a larger ziplock bag, one for each group. Then put the whole thing inside your mailing envelope with a pre-paid return envelope or cash or stamps to cover the cost of returning f8s to you.

Scraps!!! Traditionally, the scraps from the F8s you receive are kept. Occasionally the sender needs the scraps back so if that is you, please let the group know in your fabric comments. Otherwise, everyone may feel free to keep the scraps if you like or return them if you are unlikely to use/need them. Then get ready to mail to me.

Shipping!!!! When you mail, use tracking and send the tracking number to me WHEN YOU GET IT. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, DO NOT SHIP WITHOUT ADVISING ME WITH THE TRACKING NUMBER IN ADVANCE. These days I am seldom at home so I make special arrangements EACH and EVERY DAY I anticipate a package. If I don't know a package is coming, it can sit outside for hours or even over a weekend unattended. (We've not lost a package yet but one was temporarily misplaced by a misguided neighbor who realized i was away and attempted to "help" me by picking up my mail but not informing me and then hanging onto it for a couple of days. It upset both the sender and me when I realized it was missing - and I hadn't expected it to be on the way! Happily, that time it turned up but who knows the next time?)

Last thing for now. I will be establishing a dedicated thread for each group later today. Until the thread for your group is established, go ahead and post here as you like. Later, we'll abandon this thread and move to those threads. This one will be shut down once we've shifted.

Thanks so much for everything! I've enjoyed getting you this far and look forward to the next step: all those lovely fabrics passing through my hands on the way to you!

Happy Stitching!
Janice
Old 06-02-2014, 06:46 AM

Yeah! My fabric is washed, cut, ironed and ready to go!