Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 05-22-2014, 09:45 PM

Way to go JAGSED! Nice to have a couple finishes.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:08 AM

I am in. I am claiming about 13 PIG and WIPs so going to have to get the lead out and get them finished this year. If I take one a month and finish them I can at least make a dent in it. I vow not to start any more but that is not going to happen.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:16 AM

Default Catching up

I've been very busy this past month. I took a break from Sylvia's Bridal Sampler sew along and got some ufo projects worked on. I finished cutting denim circles. I have enough for a generously sized faux cathedral window quilt. I purchased a couple of flannel pieces for the inner part. Will need more flannels. I took all of the rest of the jeans to Goodwill. I worked on my roses quilt. Need to let it rest while I decide how to proceed. I sorted and folded three bins of civil war reproduction fabric. I got about 50 yards of fabric at a yard sale for about a dollar a yard. I got that all refolded and integrated into my stash. I made a table topper and hand quilted it for my guild's auction. We use the proceeds for guest speakers and teachers. And most importantly, I patched a pair of my husband's jeans that have been hanging over my sewing chair for at least 8 months!
Old 06-01-2014, 04:59 AM

Great job Karen G! I chuckled about your husband's jeans because I soooo dislike patching! I will go through a box and wonder what I was supposed to do with the stuff in it--patch it? Remove the zipper/buttons? Donate it?

Connie
Old 06-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Power Poster

Oh and jean patching.....After 43 years of farming DH would rather not wear patched jeans--says they are uncomfortable. Did I argue? Nooooooo. Now have several ratty stained farmer jeans to cut up and make mud room rugs. There's always a down side, isn't there?
Old 06-02-2014, 04:10 AM

Emma: Thanks for sharing your beautiful Orca Bay quilt. I love the color combo. I did mine in Bonnie's colorway and don't really see a secondary design, either. But someday I will quilt it up. Have been thinking about simplifying the borders.

Princess: Love your quilts, too! The first looks cozy for fall (Is it by chance Thimbleberries?) The other looks fresh and crisp for summer! Very nice.

No sewing has been going on in my "studio". Life has intervened and kept me otherwise occupied! But now we are home for a while, awaiting a new grandson, so maybe can get some more projects under control. I can only hope. But must take some ACTION....
Old 06-02-2014, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by QltrSue View Post
Princess: Love your quilts, too! The first looks cozy for fall (Is it by chance Thimbleberries?) The other looks fresh and crisp for summer! Very nice.
Thanks so much. Yes, it is Thimbleberries (Snow Country collection). I've decided it needs pine needles/branches and pine cones in the quilting. Hopefully I'll have it quilted and bound by the time we need it next winter. Congratulations on the new grandson. Hope everything goes well and that you will be holding him in your arms soon.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:24 AM

Just checking in to see where everyone is at in their quest for completion of UFOs. I'm still quilting my Orca Bay, I'm about halfway. I've had a lot of interruptions including a week and a half at our new home. It seems like all I do is clean or work outside. This house, because it is on the market to be sold and potential buyers come through at a moments notice. Everything must be tidy. We go to our new home and clean because we haven't been there for a while and dust accumulates and we take more stuff with us to 'put away' there. We have a motor home that we brought back from the other place so we can use it a couple of times this summer. I have sewing supplies in all three places and get confused as to whats where. I spend a night a week week with my mom that is 87. We have 7 kids and their spouses and 19 grand kids. We've had weddings and graduations and christenings and I still manage to quilt. I do my hexies in travel mode. OK my excuses are many but they are still excuses and now I'm going to quilt!
Old 06-04-2014, 08:50 AM

Gosh. everyone is making great progress on their UFO's. It's amazing how many projects have been completed in just the first five months of this year. I took a break to work on some paper-pieced stars for another challenge but am now back on track with my UFO's. Here's a photo of the top I'm currently working on. I started it at a retreat last November so it's not too "old." Just need to put on the borders and prepare the backing for quilting. This will be a Christmas gift for one of my daughters so it's going to my long armer so it will be "special" when it's completed. The pattern for this one is from the free patterns on Bonnie Hunter's website....something about "mountains" in the name of it (majestic mountains maybe...can't remember exactly). I used a stack of Asian print FQ's I have been collecting for years with lots of gold metallic detail and the background is a fairy frost fabric in cream with gold glitter.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5748 (2).JPG
Views:	740
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	477884   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5749.JPG
Views:	772
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	477885  
Old 06-04-2014, 11:54 AM

Podunk Princess--this is a great quilt! Have you decided on border fabric yet?