Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 06-04-2014, 03:29 PM

Here's my latest UFO finish. Someone set me straight if this is the wrong place to post this. I used scraps and just made up the pattern as I went. It's for the son of a student I taught in the late 1980's. Her son has a speech delay, so I hope they will use it as an 'I Spy' sort of thing. The LAQ used a pattern of cats on it. The back has rocket ships/space motifs on it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	753
Size:	806.6 KB
ID:	477940  
Old 06-05-2014, 03:28 AM

Miss Rita: Thank you so much for the well-wishes for our new grand son. Can't wait! And he's local!!! (Could be in San Diego, so we're really thankful...) Your quilt is just gorgeous. Bet it sparkles in person. Wonderful job!

Coopah: What a fun quilt. I love the color combo and would love to explore all of the surprises in the fabrics. Bet they'll get a lot of fun and comfort from it!
Old 06-05-2014, 08:42 AM

Coopah: That's awesome! Please post it on the UFO challenge thread also. Someone is keeping track of how many UFOs we finish this year.

Connie
Old 06-07-2014, 10:01 AM

Poodunk Princess: Beautiful quilt. I love the symmetric's of it.
Coopah: How creative you are. Love scrapies and the use of odds and ends. Love your quilt.

I have learned some new stuff! I divided my Orca Bay into 4 sections to quilt. I have joined the first two sections and low and behold it worked! This old dog has learned a new trick and am happy with the results. It is not a time saver by any means, but has allowed the quilting of it to be easier. It's been a long process on the making of this quilt. But I'm happy to say my enthusiasm has increased in the pursuit of having it finished. I am actually enjoying it now.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by carriem View Post
Podunk Princess--this is a great quilt! Have you decided on border fabric yet?
Carriem -- so sorry for the late reply.....our internet went down due to a severe storm and we just got service back today (11 days out of touch with the world....hated it!).

I finished the quilt last week and dropped it off at the long arm quilter's shop for quilting. I added a 2" border using a Kaufman fabric called Fusion in metallic gold and then a 6" border of a black tone-on-tone print that looked like water ripples. The overall quilting design is going to be large trailing ginko leaves. When I get it back from being quilted, I'll take a photo and post it on the other thread. I forgot to photograph the top after the borders went on. Can't wait to get it back but will have to be patient because there are 9 quilts ahead of mine to be quilted.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:32 PM

Here's what I am working on this week. It was started in 2012...it's a Craftsy BOM. Well that is what it started as. I didn't like all the blocks, so just chose two and am making multiples. I think I had 6 different ones made of the 12. This will be for my nephew on his 5th birthday (in Sept). I will sash with the black and then maybe do a piano key border in different sizes with the scraps...I don't have enough of any one color to do a solid border....well except the black. I'll see what I have left when I get all the blocks done. If I have to buy more fabric I am pretty sure I can get most of the colored fabrics (they are P&B Suedes, so still available).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03556.JPG
Views:	731
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	480262  
Old 06-25-2014, 03:03 AM

Carriem: What fun, funky blocks! Great colorway, too. You are getting so much done!

No sewing here, except for some handwork. Had the grands over the weekend, since the NEW BABY, Colin Michael, was born on Saturday night! 10 lbs, 5 oz and 23 1/2" long!!! There's nothing like holding a brand new baby. All are doing fine. So thankful!
Old 06-25-2014, 03:48 AM

QltrSue--congrats on the new grand baby...a big one like my first baby. DD was also over 10lbs and 23"...everyone kept telling me "babies get bigger" when you have another one. Thankfully my 2nd and 3rd were only a little over 8 lbs. I'll never forget the look on the nurses face when DS was born (8 lbs 7 oz) and I said "he's so small"...she responded that he was a good sized baby...then I explained how big my first was.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:35 AM

Carriem, just love those snazzy bright colors!
QltrSue, what else can I say but, "Congratulations!!" We haven't had our first grandchild yet...DH is 70 this year and I'm going to be Medicare qualified...so I have some envy here. One married son. They want children, but so far it's a no go. But you are truly blessed!
i'm off the wagon and all I'm getting done is visiting quilt shops in western WA state and Idaho. It is such a blast! I found Seahawk fabric fleece for a blanket and some regular Seahawk fabric with the hot lime green name. So I'm doing the happy dance! Then we found Seahawk t-shirts at a decent price, too. Looks like birthdays coming up and some Christmas shopping is done!
Old 06-25-2014, 09:05 AM

Coopah: Just thought I would mention the quilt show in Sisters, Oregon. Don't know how long you are staying but if you are still here on the second week of July it is really worth a drop by.