Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Pretty Pin Cushions >

Pretty Pin Cushions

Pretty Pin Cushions

Old 06-06-2014, 06:39 PM

I absolutely love them. You did a wonderful job. Now I must copy your pin cushions and make a few for myself.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:11 AM

Love your pin cushions! They are pretty enough to wear! I don't know how in the world you could wear them, but i would definitely want to show them off! Love your choice of fabric and buttons too.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo View Post
Oh my goodness those are exquisite! Your fabric choices (and bling) just knock my socks off. I did a little internet wandering and found a tute that looks like it is the one you referenced. http://www.favecrafts.com/Sewing/Cathedral-Pin-Cushion
YES!!!! This is the exact pattern. Thank you, lauriejo
Old 06-07-2014, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by sassy granny View Post
Absolutely beautiful. The buttons make them so special and your choice of fabrics is fantastic. Some times patterns are only on a site for a short time. Would it be possible for you to download your copy of the pattern and post it on here ? I would love to make one for myself also. No way would I make something like that to sell. No way you could get paid enough.
I hesitate to post the pattern, since I can't remember if it was free or I paid for it. Here is an excerpt from the pattern:
"If you have any questions, complaints or improvement ideas, please email me at [email protected].
Copyright © 2012 Sandra Grace Lister Please respect my work. You may use any of my patterns for your own personal use and for making items for sale on a small scale. It is courteous to provide a link as to where you purchased the pattern. Reproduction of this pattern is strictly prohibited. I normally ask that you do not email my patterns but since this is a free gift I encourage you to share it with your sewing friends."

That last sentence leads me to believe it was a free download.

The following is from the QB Rules section:
"- Do not post images with copyrighted patterns of other quilters without their permission. It's OK to post a link to the author's site that shows the pattern, but don't copy and post it here."

Since this is a copyrighted pattern, I'll stick with my original references.
I highly recommend you contact Ms. Lister (see e-mail above) or Foot Loose, as referenced in my original post.

Last edited by jdavis; 06-07-2014 at 03:54 AM. Reason: correction
Old 06-07-2014, 04:00 AM

These are lovely! Have not tried this pattern at this point but perhaps will now. Thanks for showing these.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:02 AM
Power Poster

Very rich looking
Old 06-07-2014, 04:12 AM

The fabrics, the buttons, and the pattern are great! It does look like a lot of work.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:21 AM

These cushions are beautiful. Your fabric choices and button choices make these pieces of art.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:22 AM

My question......on the #44 post where it states copyright. Blah, blah, blah..... How when in prior posts that same pattern was shown by several other "designers"...... Now thinking about it, could it be the way the flip out opening is in different positions? Or one uses charm squares, another yardage ? Or yet another tiny difference ......patchwork on back vs. full piece of fabric...I guess maybe I answered my own question...... Anyway, I am going to print out the directions and try a few as gifts.....
Old 06-07-2014, 04:28 AM

I made one last year, I agree they are not easy to do. I'm surprised you made five, you have much more patience than I do! I got my pattern free also but can't remember where. If I have time (that's a laugh) I will see if I saved it.