Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Shelf space - keeping it!!!! >

Shelf space - keeping it!!!!

Shelf space - keeping it!!!!

Old 06-07-2014, 04:38 AM

We're remodeling our kitchen this year. Wonder if I can have a kitchen with no counter tops. They just collect junk. Same with the shabby chic buffet I bought several years ago. I thought it would be wonderful for seasonal displays on the top. Nope, just displays the most recent piles of Wood magazines and 4 wheel and off-Road. I was also really excited about the 2 large drawers to store table linens, nope- there's a pellet gun and boxes from old cell phones in one and the other is full of cords for electronics. Hoping this remodel will give me an excuse to complete empty it out and be ruthless about what can be put back in.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:58 AM

lol, good luck to you. i periodically throw it all in a box and put it in the garage, his designated cave space. He has his, I have mine, and my son? well, that's another story...
Old 06-07-2014, 06:18 AM

Great idea! If the other two people question the box, put a sign on it "Work in Progress". That ought to keep them quiet!

Just learned this trick from my Brother last night. Where he works there are groups of managers that go around to make sure things are clean and organized. My brother had three boxes of tools on a table, and the group didn't like that and told him to get rid of it. He said the boxes contained tools he could use in the future. They said, then we'll buy them when you need them, get rid of the boxes. My brother, being very practical, and ok a bit of a pack rat, put a sign on each box "Work in Progress". He has not been questioned about them since! Boy we had a good laugh over that last night. My new motto "Work in Progress"!

Last edited by Luv Quilts and Cats; 06-07-2014 at 06:22 AM.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:30 AM
Power Poster

I have known a few people who do not have a sewing ROOM. They, very often, have to use the dining room table, and when it gets to be dinner time.....

I am VERY lucky that I have my own space, even though it has no door, and the cats come in and sit on stuff.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:16 AM

Big Belly Laugh and love the Idea!
Old 06-07-2014, 12:49 PM

I thought those problems and most of the mess would go away as the kids grew up and moved out.. Well they did grow up, and move out... But we still have a problem with all this "stuff"!! Oh no, WE are the messy ones! The messy ones are still living here!😂
Old 06-08-2014, 07:08 AM

Judie, I told my son to make sure he really wants to move out when he leaves. i'll be taking out the wall between his room and my sewing room when he goes. He doesn't have a box big enough to save that space ;-) yes, we are the messy ones, but it is our mess.