Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Repeat a boom #2 - Signups Have Closed >

Repeat a boom #2 - Signups Have Closed

Repeat a boom #2 - Signups Have Closed

Old 06-24-2014, 06:13 PM

Room for one more? I have lots of fabrics cut and ready to go! I have four blocks to pick from, 2 easy (ie friendship star etc) and 2 medium easy wild cat from quilting board etc. let me know and I will mail right away!
Old 06-24-2014, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Room for one more? I have lots of fabrics cut and ready to go! I have four blocks to pick from, 2 easy (ie friendship star etc) and 2 medium easy wild cat from quilting board etc. let me know and I will mail right away!
I will take the medium easy.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:41 AM

Nelco thanks so much. waiting to hear from the group leader if I am accepted yet. crossing fingers thought!
Old 06-25-2014, 08:55 PM

Sorry I have been MIA. Been out of town and just got back. Well we have out 13 people, which means that we will make 12 blocks. I am going to close the acceptance time down and we can mail out our fabric to me. Will PM my address to one and all. I need them in my hands by July 7th. I will then send them back out to all of you with in a few days...probably the next day if I have them all. If I get them earlier then I will send them earlier. You will need to return them to me by October 15th. Then I can return the grown up finish blocks asap to all of you and if you need to make a quilt for Christmas then you will have time to do so. I am so excited. I have several fabrics that I have been oogling over and so I will have to decide on a pattern and perhaps that will help me choose.

Barb
Old 06-26-2014, 04:08 AM

Good News! I am packed up and ready to go in the mail on Monday. I will send tracking number to UGC2 on Monday as well. Family gathering for Beach Week in South Carolina on July 3rd for 10 days. However, someone will be staying in our home to receive mail. I will have I-Pad for posting and checking in!

Each of us will receive F8 from me with 2 fabrics - 1 focus Christmas fabric and 1 ivory snowflake fabric. These finished blocks will be part of a Cristmas Sampler Quilt so each of you will receive a different pattern with complete instructions and a different focus fabric. You are welcome to change the pattern if you choose. Please PM me if you have questions.

Look forward to swapping with you! "Boom RAB 2" has been moved to the launch pad! Time to get your Boom on!

Buzzy Bee
Old 06-26-2014, 10:24 AM

I'm so excited!!!! I'm in again. I 'm looking forward to making all of your chosen blocks.
FYI: I decided to do the Christmas Star from the quilterscache.com. A little harder choice than last swap, but I'm curious how all the blocks will turn out. I will be providing the background fabric and let you provide the reds and green fabric. Is this okay with the group? Please let me know what you think? Happy mailing and quilting.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:40 AM

Themamahauser.....love that pattern.
ok here is who we have in our group

Groovy Pieces
The Mama Hauser times 2
Bee Beatty
Nelda Copsey
giquilt
Jclinganrey
Old Cat Lady
nurse bonnie
KatrinaJ716
Happy Lab
Elisabrat
and Me urgodschild2
So you will need to send 12 F8 with a pattern for others to do. REmember you can send your background material with a request for what colors you want on the other part or send themain color and request a background.
Let the fun begin. (psst...I have to go get my own material ready...sneaking downstairs right now.)
I will take pictures of everyones material and send you all a spread sheet like I did for Repeat a Boom #1. For those who are new...the spread sheet shows avatar name, fabric, and pattern. Unless you have 12 different patterns like Bee beatty and then I won't list that.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:28 PM

Great Granny Square quilt block Repeat A Boom 2

[ATTACH=CONFIG]480532[/ATTACH]

Cut the Kona Snow strip into 2 ½” squares to be placed around the outside of the quilt block.
From the F8, cut THREE 2 ½” strips from the 18” length and sub-cut into 2 ½” squares. You should get 21 squares but will only need 16. Please either use the leftover squares in one your projects or return them to me. Either way is fine with me!
Use your quilting artistic creativity to fill in the remaining squares as you see fit, using whatever you think compliments the F8 I sent you. Please use a scant ¼” seam in the construction of the block. When I made my mock-up block, I used a regular ¼” seam and my block measured 12” unfinished - - ½” too small. Darn!
PLEASE leave the outer part of the block intact with the ‘sawtooth’ edges (not shown in the picture). I will square up the blocks when they come back to me.
Thanks!!
Jane
Jclinganrey

Please let me know if this makes sense to everyone!

Thanks - - -
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	GGS Repeat a Boom.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	480532  
Old 06-26-2014, 12:31 PM

((should have added)) - - - of course I will send a copy to everyone along with my F8 and a strip of Kona snow.

Jane
Old 06-26-2014, 07:04 PM

My block is from the quilters cache called 'pink ribbon' but changing the colors to green and blue. That is the color for donate life. www.donatelife.net Green is also the color for kidney transplantation. My sister had her kidney transplant 11 years now. Half will get blue and the other half will get green. Now off to buy the fabric.