Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So Frustrated! >

So Frustrated!

So Frustrated!

Old 06-27-2014, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by NJ Quilter View Post
Don't know anything about Juki's but is it possible there is some miniscule piece of thread stuck in the bobbin area somewhere? Have had that problem create issues on other machines mimicking a tension issue. Finding that itty bitty piece of thread solved the problems.
This was my thought - I've had this happen too. Just a tiny bit of thread lodged in my bobbin case; I think it was letting the bobbin thread sort of jump out of its groove now and then and giving me all sorts of weird and inconsistent stitch problems. (Mine is a Janome)

I hope you can figure it out!! Nothing worse than when something is broken but mysteriously fixes itself for the repair guy.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:41 AM

I have this same machine, believe it had this ping thing once or twice - I have found a small piece of thread lodged in the bobbin area. if you figure out what the issue is please let us know. My machine also sometimes mysteriously cuts the thread when I don't want it cut! I turned the foot pedal around so as not to accidentally rock back on it, but ?? it still happens, fortunately not too often.
I doubt this is your problem, but if I have a bobbin that hasn't wound evenly, my machine doesn't like it.
Good luck!
Old 06-27-2014, 10:34 AM

Are you using the same thread as the dealer?
Old 06-27-2014, 11:43 AM

I would suggest that you take it down and clean the dickens out of it. If your tension is adjusted right, and you are threaded right, sometimes there is just a tiny piece of lint that you missed and it can wreck havoc with your stitches. Hope this helps
Old 06-27-2014, 01:27 PM

I had that problem with my new Juki when I was using Bottom line thread. I took off the foam pad under the thread holder and it stopped. Its only when I use the bottom line cones. Have had no problems since.