Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt shops in Wisconsin? >

Quilt shops in Wisconsin?

Quilt shops in Wisconsin?

Old 07-04-2014, 04:06 PM

Default Quilt shops in Wisconsin?

Hi
We are traveling to Milwaukee, Madison, Door County and the Dells. What are the quilt shops you recommend? I don't know the area so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you so much.
Mary Ann
Old 07-04-2014, 04:22 PM

Green Bay, WI has 'the Quilting Connection' and 'the Silver Thimble.'
Old 07-04-2014, 06:34 PM

Oshkosh has Quilt Essentials. Wonderful quilt shop great selection and usually sales on quite a few in the back.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:39 PM

My favorite shop is Mill House Quilts in Waunakee. It's close to Madison, just outside the north side of the city. Another shop on the west side of Madison is Stitchers Crossing on Odana Road. If you like civil war and more traditional fabrics, there's a shop on Main Street in Sun Prairie (Sun Prairie is really close to Madison.) Sorry I can't remember its name since I rarely go there.

Near Milwaukee is a town called Oconomowoc. They have a Ben Franklin with a large quilting area. If you like ice cream and sub sandwiches, there is a good place to eat right in the same shopping mall. It's called The Chocolate Factory. I don't recall going to any stores in Milwaukee itself, but I know there are several.

Up by the Dells there's a town close by called Reedsburg. Quintessential Quilts is located in a big old house there. Other than that I can't recall any shops I go to close to Wisconsin Dells.

There was a shop I used to go to in Door County, but when I went last year it was out of business.

If you are heading north anywhere near the Mississippi River, Olive Juice in Onalaska is a neat shop.

Have fun on your trip! Door County is a really beautiful place to visit. I love how they've tried to keep out big development.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:56 PM

More kudos for Mill House Quilts and Stitchers' Crossing - two great shops I visit when I'm in Madison to see my sis.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:16 PM

Milwaukee - Patched Works in Elm Grove (tiny town in between Brookfield and Wauwatosa). You will not be disappointed. North of Milwaukee stop at Material Matters in Thiensville (off I43 by Mequon)
Door County - only remaining shop is in downtown Sturgeon Bay, Barn Door Quilt....nice shop.
Green Bay has five shops...Quilting Divas, My Favorite Quilt Shop, Quilters Connection, Julie's (primarily sewing machines brother and janome), Silver Thimble, and in DePere Life's a Stitch (bernina dealer and nice fabrics and embroidery supplies).
Enjoy....we are having very pleasant weather!
Old 07-05-2014, 03:35 PM
Power Poster

JJ Stitches is the one in Sun Prairie..love that shop