I'm a Grandma!!!!

Old 12-27-2009, 08:41 PM

Thanks all.
I'll be missing alot of things, but will be able to see them again in the summer. Donny already said he is hijacking my ticket so I can't go back. I told him to let me go back and pack my sewing room, then I'll come back lol

Woodie...check back further in the thread, you can see Little D's face a bit better.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:04 PM

What a cute photo! It is fabulous that they came home for Christmas and your daughter and her husband are lucky to have you there. I can imagine how hard it is getting up every 3 hours or so... are the twins synchronised -both needing to be fed at the same time?
Old 12-27-2009, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
another
Congrats is right, isn't it wonderful? My 41 year old son and his 39 year old wife, after NINE years of trying everything in the book, just had Lily Kate, October 15, 2009 and I WAS THERE, I drove over from Las Vegas to Newport Beach and got there at 2:30 AM, Lily Kate arrived at 6:29 AM. I was in heaven. The irony is, that my daughter Erin, who is 10 years younger than big brother Richie, the 41 year old new daddy, had her daughter Emily on the very same day, October 15, 2001!! WOW what are the odds of having two granddaughters born on the same day 8 years apart?? Emily has a big brother, Sam who is 11. So baby Lily is a gift we all never thought we would get and it is just so incredible and is truly a gift., I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU ALL.
Connie
Old 12-27-2009, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Constance
another
Congrats is right, isn't it wonderful? My 41 year old son and his 39 year old wife, after NINE years of trying everything in the book, just had Lily Kate, October 15, 2009 and I WAS THERE, I drove over from Las Vegas to Newport Beach and got there at 2:30 AM, Lily Kate arrived at 6:29 AM. I was in heaven. The irony is, that my daughter Erin, who is 10 years younger than big brother Richie, the 41 year old new daddy, had her daughter Emily on the very same day, October 15, 2001!! WOW what are the odds of having two granddaughters born on the same day 8 years apart?? Emily has a big brother, Sam who is 11. So baby Lily is a gift we all never thought we would get and it is just so incredible and is truly a gift., I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU ALL.
Connie
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-61207.jpe
Views:	48
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	61207  
Old 12-27-2009, 09:17 PM

another
Connie
One more photo, Lily is now 2 1/2 months and doing so good.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-61209.jpe
Views:	49
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	61209  
Old 12-27-2009, 09:19 PM

Things are going good. Babies are home, came home Christmas Day,so that was a great gift.
Babies are eating like little piglets and giving mom and dad a tough time, but Grandma comes to the rescue to hold babies so someone can get a nap. Babies are eating every 2-3 hours.
No one told them it was going to be this hard. lol
I know isn't it the truth, my kids said the same thing, this is really hard and you have, they have, you all have TWO to handle. Can you picture my dad and his identical twin in 1923??? Grandma washed diapers by hand in A RIVER in Arkansas. I think about her and today's modern conveniences and help and I wonder of all wonders how she did it, but she indeed did an incredible job. Today or long ago, the miracle continues and it is such a blessing.
Connie
Old 12-27-2009, 09:21 PM

Lily is a cutie too!
Gotta love babies, they are the best thing God invented!
Old 12-27-2009, 09:37 PM

Lily is a cutie too!
Gotta love babies, they are the best thing God invented!

I hope it was alright if I shared my new one too, I'm such a newbe, not sure of proper posting, but got so caught up in the celebration of life, and I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU ALL, how wonderful to have them at this time of year and to enjoy, yes best thing God ever invented. It makes us aware that the world does indeed go on, doesn't it? Thank you for letting me share my Lily Kate, I didn't get to be with my daughter in Seattle for my other grand babies, so this was a very special gift to be able to go to Richie and Kristin for Lily's birth, and it was just so awesome. Now I have experienced it, and that photo of Richie holding Lily is just about the sweetest thing, he had just said, "what an incredible gift from God Mom." Bless his heart, he is so happy after all those years of trying, they both are, and Kristin is just a wonderful d-in law, and loving and sharing and feel so lucky and blessed. Thanks all for letting me share with Terri, what a nice place this is to come to.
Connie
Old 12-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Power Poster

When my DIL brought our twins home from the hosp she had a blackboard and kept track of all feedings and all diapers. Whe put them on a strict schedule and you didn't vary from it! LOL

Are your babies on a schedule Terri?

Constance the look on your son's face!!!! It is so profound!
Such a pretty litle girl is your Lily!! Such a blessing aren't they!
Old 12-27-2009, 10:10 PM

I'm sitting here loveing ALL the grandbaby pictures! My youngest grandbaby is 8 - so it's a vicarious thrill.

Terri - they're already growing too fast! But oh so precious.