Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Has anyone been bothered by this ?? >

Has anyone been bothered by this ??

Has anyone been bothered by this ??

Old 07-18-2014, 04:35 PM

Use this Adblock Plus it's free and 100% safe availabe for IE, Firefox and Google Chrome. Also available for phones. I rarely get ads on any of the browsers I use. ABP once again is free. https://adblockplus.org/ I have it on all my browsers! It's a Linux add on that works with all windows (OS).
Old 07-19-2014, 12:43 AM

Thank you caroloto! I just installed ABP
Old 07-19-2014, 03:11 AM

Last summer I spent hours on the computer looking for an item that was out of stock everywhere. This spring an ad popped up for my item and it was on sale at Sears. Bought 2.

I don't mind the pop up ads unless they flash, sparkle or move.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:37 AM

Nope, there IS no privacy. And have you considered disconnecting the tracker feature on your cell phone?
Old 07-19-2014, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by TShooters View Post
Hopefully, your version of Firefox has this option. Go to Tools in menu bar, then to Options, then to the Content tab. At the very top, you can check the box to block pop up windows. Don't forget to click OK at the bottom.
Use the Adblocker plus option in the Tool Menu.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by TShooters View Post
Hopefully, your version of Firefox has this option. Go to Tools in menu bar, then to Options, then to the Content tab. At the very top, you can check the box to block pop up windows. Don't forget to click OK at the bottom.
Thank you, TShooters
Old 07-19-2014, 08:13 AM

There is a free application...AdBlock. If you download and install it will block all ads.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
All I have to do is look at an item on any web site and that item follows me around from site to site. The part that bothers me is when you pay for something on line. I always look for something that says I am entering a secure portion of the website. It makes PayPal look more and more attractive because it minimizes the times you have to give someone your confidential information.
I use PayPal all the time for that very reason.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by caroloto View Post
Use this Adblock Plus it's free and 100% safe availabe for IE, Firefox and Google Chrome. Also available for phones. I rarely get ads on any of the browsers I use. ABP once again is free. https://adblockplus.org/ I have it on all my browsers! It's a Linux add on that works with all windows (OS).
DITTO and AMEN!! I love adblockplus, I hardly ever see ads. What drove me over the edge was the ones with jiggly bellies and yellow teeth.

BTW, I do not do enough online shopping to check this out, but I have heard, on the larger sites, if you want to buy something, put it in your cart and DON'T check out. Just leave it. In a few days, some of the sites will send you offers to get the same item at a discount. Worth a try if you are not in a hurry.

Last edited by ptquilts; 07-19-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:35 AM

I had a bad problem with this same thing.. Malware and Adware they have to be removed my good software or by a technician. It just gets worse if you don't get it repaired and/or removed. Sorry i wish it was better news. Sometimes you go on what you think of as a safe site and it attaches to your computer with out your knowledge.
Judy