Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Red Snapper  quilt  loading system, what you think >

Red Snapper quilt loading system, what you think

Red Snapper quilt loading system, what you think

Old 07-18-2014, 12:16 PM

I'm brand new to quilting on a rack. I had taken one short training and rented time on a long arm at my LQS a few years ago, and the pinning process was not enjoyable for me. Not to mention the fact that I kept getting poked, and my clothes were catching on all of the pins too. So I asked for advice here and the Red Snappers were recommended. I did end up purchasing them, and I *reallyreallyreally* love them! It's so easy to snap a quilt on and off, takes hardly any time at all. They are a slight bit stiff but even after only a few uses, they've become much more manageable. I do not have strong hands, and I've not needed my husband's help at all to get them on. Pulling off is really easy.

As far as the unquilted part, you can kind of manage it. I've only done practice pieces so far (since I'm brand new to my system) but I've been floating the top so I can decide what I want to do with it. I do add a few pins there to keep things taught until I baste. Not sure if that's the right procedure or not (brand new!!) but it works for me.

Hope that helps!
Old 07-18-2014, 01:03 PM

I have them on my system but find for me they get in the way when I'm working close to the edge of the border. So I'm back to pinning at least at the top of my quilts but still use the snappers for the bottom.
Old 07-18-2014, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by MaryKatherine View Post
I refused to pay the money for their system. I made a very serviceable set by using LED track from the hardware store and tubing from plumbing supply. Where there's a will, there's a way.
My 'parts' came from Home Depot and work just fine, does everything the snappers can but saved a lot of money.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:18 PM

I have them and love them too. So quick to load and even quicker to unload.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by LindaM View Post
Yep yep yep, got them, love them! Also have the Red-E-Edge. Before I got these, I had tried pins and velcro and another channel system. Nothing as easy and painless as the Red Snappers
I also have the Red Snappers and the edge and Love them. I hated the pins. I hadn't tried the other system with velcro.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:32 PM

I bought the mondo clips from Amazon instead. There are ten 44" tubes/clamps, which means I had plenty to allow me to have different lengths for different sizes of quilts. The first two times I loaded a quilt, the clamps were a little stiff/tight. But after that, they clipped right on, quick as a flash. And unloading the quilt takes about 10 seconds for the top and 10 seconds for the bottom. Less expensive than the Red Snappers. I love them!!
Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/Clip-n-Seal-Mo...uilting&dpPl=1
Old 07-18-2014, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by scrappy happy View Post
Im wondering if any one has used or do use the Red Snapper Quilt Loading System? If you do or have what do you think about It? Wondering if it would be worth getting a set . Thanks scrappy happy
I see so many responses, like 36 pages. I don't know if you will read them all but I'll add my thoughts. I LOVE THEM. I don't like pinning and this is just so much quicker. Well sometimes. I do at times have trouble getting the backing straight, but it sure beats pins. Hope this helps you.
Old 07-19-2014, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by letawellman View Post
I bought the mondo clips from Amazon instead. There are ten 44" tubes/clamps, which means I had plenty to allow me to have different lengths for different sizes of quilts. The first two times I loaded a quilt, the clamps were a little stiff/tight. But after that, they clipped right on, quick as a flash. And unloading the quilt takes about 10 seconds for the top and 10 seconds for the bottom. Less expensive than the Red Snappers. I love them!!
Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/Clip-n-Seal-Mo...uilting&dpPl=1
thank you. im so glad that I asked on here , you all are so helpful.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:07 PM

You can buy them directly from the inventor, Renae Haddadin.
www.quiltsonthecorner.com
Here is a video showing how to use them:
http://quiltsonthecorner.3dcartstore...ers_ep_42.html

Last edited by quiltsquared; 07-19-2014 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:14 PM

I love my red snappers. Spend the money, you will not be disappointed.